Graphics
Nivida
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Decided to switch from Multibeast boot loader to clover for the extra bonus for using a UEFI.

Very smooth installation but there are a 2 big issues i'm dealing with which is no sound or internet.
On my multibeast installation I used the ALX Ethernet port and the Realtek sound card, right now i'm just trying to get Ethernet running but it is not being registerd under the PCI or Eathernet card on System Information.

My post installation :
Perfect boot up onto os x, no errors or need boot flags.
got all the kekts I needed on a separate flash drive along with clover.
mounted the EFI partition and changed it to fat 32, then installed clover boot loader on it.
then Installed my kexts into the folders inside EFI, then restarted my system.
boot back and nothing changed... no internet still. Then tried the Atheros Ethernet still not working, or even registering that I have the Kexts in the first place!

This is frustrating coming from a long term Hackintosh owner, I don't understand why it is not working and I can't seem to find any other forums post dealing with this issue. I will be so great full if I can get some assistance with this issue. I am willing to send screen shots and other information is necessary.
thanks.

Install your ethernet kext in S/L/E instead of in the clover directory. I found that atheros kexts wouldn't work for me in clover either.

S/L/E
???
Please explain more.

Thank you, I am getting around to re installing clover tonight after raging and uninstalling it. Hope your thing works. If not.... :banghead:

Nope, use kext beast and no internet or sound. So i rebooted my system, and it loads half way then crashes! try to boot into other hard drive (Windows) and it is giving me a blinking "_". IDK what i'm doing first time using clover on my Z97 mother board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back