Graphics
Intel HD 3000 Mobile/1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, today I installed Mavericks 10.9 on my HP Laptop using the standard Unibeast method.

After installing, I managed to boot to the desktop once, and I used Multibeast and installed only the EasyBeast configurations. Now, every time I boot, I get one of two errors:

1) If I boot with "-v cpus=1" the boot process stops at

Still waiting for root device

2) If I boot with "-v -x cpus=1" the boot process freezes at

[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

From what I've looked up, problem number 2 has something to do with the graphics kexts, although I can seem to do anything about them because my keyboard doesn't work in Single-User mode.

I will post pictures if needed. Thank you in advance.

System:
HP Pavilion g6-1d38dx Laptop
Intel Core i3-2350m @ 2.30 GHz (2 cores)
8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM (Two 4GB chips)
Intel HD 3000 Mobile Graphics / Resolution: 1366x768x32
80GB Fujitsu HDD

Installed Mavericks 10.9 using Unibeast & Multibeast

Boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No
try it

Thanks for your reply!

I tried both of those flags, however neither of them worked for me...

Afterwards, I installed Mavericks in VMWare and used that to move all of the Graphics kexts out of the /System/Extensions folder. I tried booting again with "-v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No" and it did boot to the login screen.

Now however, my keyboard doesn't seem to be working and I can't log in to my account. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm using the built-in keyboard on my laptop as I don't have a USB keyboard... Also the screen resolution now is not the native 1366x768, but is at a much lower resolution.

Hello, today I installed Mavericks 10.9 on my HP Laptop using the standard Unibeast method.

After installing, I managed to boot to the desktop once, and I used Multibeast and installed only the EasyBeast configurations. Now, every time I boot, I get one of two errors:

1) If I boot with "-v cpus=1" the boot process stops at

Still waiting for root device

2) If I boot with "-v -x cpus=1" the boot process freezes at

[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

From what I've looked up, problem number 2 has something to do with the graphics kexts, although I can seem to do anything about them because my keyboard doesn't work in Single-User mode.

I will post pictures if needed. Thank you in advance.

System:
HP Pavilion g6-1d38dx Laptop
Intel Core i3-2350m @ 2.30 GHz (2 cores)
8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM (Two 4GB chips)
Intel HD 3000 Mobile Graphics / Resolution: 1366x768x32
80GB Fujitsu HDD

Installed Mavericks 10.9 using Unibeast & Multibeast

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply!

I tried both of those flags, however neither of them worked for me...

Afterwards, I installed Mavericks in VMWare and used that to move all of the Graphics kexts out of the /System/Extensions folder. I tried booting again with "-v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No" and it did boot to the login screen.

Now however, my keyboard doesn't seem to be working and I can't log in to my account. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm using the built-in keyboard on my laptop as I don't have a USB keyboard... Also the screen resolution now is not the native 1366x768, but is at a much lower resolution.

Not a good idea to remove the graphics kexts. You need them. After you complete your profile with the required information, I'll give you some better ideas.

Thank you, I think I've updated my profile with the required info. If there's anything that I've missed, please let me know!

I do have the graphics kexts saved in a different folder, so would it be better if I put them back in /System/Library/Extensions ?

Thank you, I think I've updated my profile with the required info. If there's anything that I've missed, please let me know!

I do have the graphics kexts saved in a different folder, so would it be better if I put them back in /System/Library/Extensions ?

Install the backup kexts with Kext Wizard. Repair permissions & rebuild cache with DPCIManager. Install KernelPatcher module from Chameleon (you can use Chameleon Wizard).

Then boot with:
IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=00010000 dart=0 cpus=1 -v -f

You can remove cpus=1 if KernelPatcher module is properly installed.
You can remove -f if kernel cache is built successfully.
You can add IGPEnabler/IGPlatformID to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Install the backup kexts with Kext Wizard. Repair permissions & rebuild cache with DPCIManager. Install KernelPatcher module from Chameleon (you can use Chameleon Wizard).

Then boot with:
IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=00010000 dart=0 cpus=1 -v -f

You can remove cpus=1 if KernelPatcher module is properly installed.
You can remove -f if kernel cache is built successfully.
You can add IGPEnabler/IGPlatformID to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Thank you so much! That helped me boot to the desktop again, and the computer recognizes my Intel HD 3000 Graphics properly.

My keyboard and trackpad are still not working, so is it okay to use the PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads kext in Multibeast?

Also, my sound doesn't seem to be working at all, as Mavericks can't find any sound output devices in the System Preferences. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you so much! That helped me boot to the desktop again, and the computer recognizes my Intel HD 3000 Graphics properly.

My keyboard and trackpad are still not working, so is it okay to use the PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads kext in Multibeast?

Also, my sound doesn't seem to be working at all, as Mavericks can't find any sound output devices in the System Preferences. Is there any way to fix this?

You should find out which trackpad is in your laptop. It is likely Synaptics (many HP laptops use Synaptics), in which case: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

You should find out which trackpad is in your laptop. It is likely Synaptics (many HP laptops use Synaptics), in which case: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

I ended up using the PS/2 kext included in MultiBeast, and it did the job.

Is it possible to use VoodooHDA instead of patching my own AppleHDA kext?

On this post, it explains how to patch AppleHDA, but says that VoodooHDA is a better solution.

I ended up using the PS/2 kext included in MultiBeast, and it did the job.

Is it possible to use VoodooHDA instead of patching my own AppleHDA kext?

On this post, it explains how to patch AppleHDA, but says that VoodooHDA is a better solution.

You can try VoodooHDA, but you probably will not be happy with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back