Contribute
Register

[Help] MacOS High Sierra Only Booting To Apple Logo then boots into Windows (Dell Inspiron 15 7000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing that guide! :D

1) I personally install most of my kexts to /Clover/Kexts/Other (as in my opinion it makes the system more "native"), but there are also some kexts that I need to install to S/L/E, such as my AppleHDA dummy injector (as that needs to be installed in /S/L/E as I'm aware).

2) I checked the thread and there shouldn't've been any kexts in there when you installed macOS, and I only really added Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup to there.

-Duncan
Wait, so did you just install Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup there, or did you install AppleHDA there as well? If you didn't install AppleHDA there, I am curious as to whether it is actually working from /Other despite what's said in some places on these forums (maybe clover updated and so now that works?). I saw someone else in a ****** post who seemed to have had theirs working from /Other and it wasn't implied they had it in S/L/E.

Does this mean that FakePCIID can't be put in my Clover/Kexts/Other folder as an "essential kext" (I need it for my WiFi)? Or can it still be put there?

Essential kexts should be both in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and installed to the system volume (usually /L/E).
Read post #2:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also RehabMan, where can I find the correct links to your various kexts? Is https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan the right place?

Each github project links to downloads from the README.
Currently, downloads are on bitbucket.

I checked the thread and there shouldn't've been any kexts in there when you installed macOS
Wait a sec, any or any of the ones I mentioned? Because unless I did something wrong, there are a ton of kexts in there already (and I'm pretty sure those are Apple-default).

Also, for the WiFi card, did you ever install drivers for it on Windows or was it just plug and play? It seems to be plug&play, but I'm just curious. On the Mac end, how'd you get WiFi working? Did you just need kexts or did you need to do a config.plist edit (and if you did please fill me in on what that was or at least your source so I can do the same).

Wait, so did you just install Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup there, or did you install AppleHDA there as well?
^

Wait a sec, any or any of the ones I mentioned? Because unless I did something wrong, there are a ton of kexts in there already (and I'm pretty sure those are Apple-default).

Also, for the WiFi card, did you ever install drivers for it on Windows or was it just plug and play? It seems to be plug&play, but I'm just curious. On the Mac end, how'd you get WiFi working? Did you just need kexts or did you need to do a config.plist edit (and if you did please fill me in on what that was or at least your source so I can do the same).

^

The hackintosh kexts shouldn't've been there by default after installation (as it's a clean install), but it's really just a matter of preference to where you install your kexts.
I did install IntellGraphicsFixUp and Lilu to /S/L/E along with my patched AppleHDA, as a) it's highly recommended to have Lilu and all of the Lilu plugins in the same directory (I don't remember where I read that), and b) I have my dummy AppleHDA injector installed there because it needs to be there for the dummy injection to work properly.

For the WiFi card, I'm using a Dell DW1560, as the included Intel AC 3165 Wireless card is unsupported (and most likely won't have any support). If you do have the DW1560 however (or another Broadcom WiFi card AFAIK), you simply need FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi (or whatever it's called - it's something like that) to get it to work properly and (AFAIK) fully functional.

-Duncan

For the WiFi card, I'm using a Dell DW1560, as the included Intel AC 3165 Wireless card is unsupported (and most likely won't have any support). If you do have the DW1560 however (or another Broadcom WiFi card AFAIK), you simply need FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi (or whatever it's called - it's something like that) to get it to work properly and (AFAIK) fully functional.

I do have that card and it's physically installed but is all you need those two kexts or are there any other steps?

Also you mention Lilu plugins, to which plugins do you refer in this?

Thanks Duncan!

I do have that card and it's physically installed but is all you need those two kexts or are there any other steps?

Also you mention Lilu plugins, to which plugins do you refer in this?

Thanks Duncan!

AFAIK it should be just those two kexts! :lol:
And for Lilu I'm pretty sure it's just IntelGraphicsFixup!

-Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back