Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-P
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 (On-board)
Hello,

I am wanting to create a Hackintosh machine although I am unsure if my configuration is capable of doing so, so I thought I would post and ask the community as I have never set up a Hackintosh machine before so I need some help.

I have followed this guide here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Although when booting onto the Hackintosh the Display / resolution is very poor and I am unable to change it, I am trying to use my on-board graphics (Intel HD 4600) as the pascal cards, in my case a GTX 1080 is not yet compatible.

Any help is appreciative, I am hoping that my configuration is capable of running Mac OS.

Thank you.

Jayme

Specs :
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
RAM: 32.0GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-P (Rev X.0x)
Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (GTX 1080 but not compatible)
Storage: SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD 480 GB (x2) | WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive (x1)

Last edited:
@Jayme07, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...os-sierra-10-12-1-367-15-10-15.205568/page-11

A little research can do wonders. Apparently it is possible to use Intel Graphics even with the Pascal card installed but not everyone has the same success. It may require setting the BIOS to use the Intel graphics when you boot.

For commercial reasons I doubt Nvidia will support Pascal in OSX as Apple does not source them and Pascal I presume uses a different driver model than the Nividia GPUs Apple used to sell. If I were Apple and wanted to appease the fan base I would opt for Pascal mobile GPUs in the next Macbook Pro but they do not care what I think.

Anyone running a Hack with Nvidia graphics should be grateful Nvidia has gone as far as it has.

Hello,

I am wanting to create a Hackintosh machine although I am unsure if my configuration is capable of doing so, so I thought I would post and ask the community as I have never set up a Hackintosh machine before so I need some help.

I have followed this guide here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Although when booting onto the Hackintosh the Display / resolution is very poor and I am unable to change it, I am trying to use my on-board graphics (Intel HD 4600) as the pascal cards, in my case a GTX 1080 is not yet compatible.

Any help is appreciative, I am hoping that my configuration is capable of running Mac OS.

Thank you.

Jayme

Specs :
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
RAM: 32.0GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-P (Rev X.0x)
Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (GTX 1080 but not compatible)
Storage: SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD 480 GB (x2) | WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive (x1)
the instructions does not say waht bootflags you should have? ive tried to to the drive but i just get a black screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back