Contribute
Register

HELP: GA-Z68XP-UD3 Rev1.3 UEFI BIOS and LION?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Apple
  4. LC
  5. Plus
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
  9. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My UD3P's Ethernet port died. So I replaced the motherboard with a regular UD3 I had.
I upgraded to the UEFI bios, and that works great. Windows 7 loaded some drivers and otherwise didn't know the difference.

I have a genuine Apple 10.7 USB key that made a Unibeast from.

I've pulled everything off the system except my Apple wired Aluminum Keyboard, Logitech USB mouse, and authentic Apple Wifi Card in a PCIEx1 slot.
I have a core i3 and 16GB or RAM. I using the built in HD3000 graphics from the MB.
I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB drives set aside excursively for the Mac, and my Win7 boots from an old 750GB I'm using for windows.
One drive is completely blank except for OS and I've used Disk Utility to create 3 Partitions.
System, Work, Media.
I basically clear it of every time I try to reinstall.

For some reason the Unibeast USB drive hangs at "No Symbol" when booting.

I need to get enough of system running to buy Mountain Lion since my late 2008 Mac Mini is forbidden from purchasing it, and all attempts to get ML from friends machines have failed.

I'm thinking I must have some kind of messed up setting in my UEFI BIOS. I've even tried booting the Unibeast key with no drives attached and it still bombs.
I did manage to get one install on a HD, but it hangs forever.

Can some with the same board share their settings? I REALLY need to get my Mac back up and running.

Thanks. I've tried everything except the new USB key. I have few others, so I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back