Contribute
Register

[HELP] Disable HD 7650M in DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, it's number 5 in previous attachment above.

Sorry, maybe i misunderstood this: Turning Radeon off can be done completely within the SSDT.

Your SSDT-5 is a fair bit different from the ProBook. You'll need to do some serious work on the patches...

It is best to extract them in Linux, so you have the separate files. Then you can disassemble them better using iasl (-e argument).

Code:
iasl -e DSDT.aml SSDT.aml SSDT-2.aml SSDT-3.aml SSDT-4.aml -d SSDT-5.aml

If you were to do that, then you'd have less errors to fix...

But here is a set of patches that might work.... I took some liberties here to remove some code I don't think is likely to be used, and has a bunch of errors in it (method IDAB). It is likely that the SSDT properly disassembled does not not have those errors.

Here is the patches for SSDT-5:
Code:
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\((\\_SB_\.PCI0\.GFX0\.DD02\._BCM),\s+IntObj\) replace_matched begin External(%1, MethodObj)
end;
into method label _BCM parent_label DD02 code_regex Return\s+\(([^\)]*)\)\n.*Arg0 replace_matched begin Return(%1(Arg0)) end;

into method label _INI parent_label \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP code_regex . insert begin _OFF()\n end;

into method label _DSM parent_label \_SB.PCI0.GFX0 remove_entry;

into method label IDAB remove_entry;

into definitionblock code_regex External\s\(\\_SB_\.PCI0\.GFX0,\sDeviceObj\) replace_matched
begin
External (\_SB_.PCI0.GFX0,DeviceObj)\n
External(\_SB.PCI0.PEG0,DeviceObj) 
end;

# rename GFX0
into_all all code_regex \.GFX0 replaceall_matched begin .IGPU end;
into_all all label \_SB.PCI0.GFX0 set_label begin \_SB.PCI0.IGPU end;

First thanks. Ok.

For now i applied you previous patch to virgin ssdt-5 but i have 21 errors.

Now use ubuntu to extract them ..

First thanks. Ok.

For now i applied you previous patch to virgin ssdt-5 but i have 21 errors.

Now use ubuntu to extract them ..

There are no errors if you use the SSDT-5 you posted in #157.

You are right, my mistake, wrong ssdt-5.

It WORKS!! It's disable!

Now i don't know if try with ssdt from UBUNTU, but i think that it's all good also in this way i hope...

Initially, it doens't work because original SSDT-5 was always loaded. So i dropped all SSDT, i'm using chameleon, because i have a problem with Clover and hd3000. Btw i used a SSDT from pike script, now i see that dropping original SSDT i have no errors in log. So i think that it's good also in this way.
I can also past in Extra all SSDT but no the original SSDT-5 for more sure, i don't know, now i try.

THANK YOU....

You are right, my mistake, wrong ssdt-5.

It WORKS!! It's disable!

Now i don't know if try with ssdt from UBUNTU, but i think that it's all good also in this way i hope...

Initially, it doens't work because original SSDT-5 was always loaded. So i dropped all SSDT, i'm using chameleon, because i have a problem with Clover and hd3000. Btw i used a SSDT from pike script, now i see that dropping original SSDT i have no errors in log. So i think that it's good also in this way.
I can also past in Extra all SSDT but no the original SSDT-5 for more sure, i don't know, now i try.

THANK YOU....

Yes... you generally want to drop all SSDTs, then add back the ones you need/want... patched if necessary.

Glad it worked for you. The whole idea is amazingly simple, really...

BTW, we would be curious to know whether you have an problems with restart, as some with the ProBook have had here. ??

Yes... you generally want to drop all SSDTs, then add back the ones you need/want... patched if necessary.

Glad it worked for you. The whole idea is amazingly simple, really...

BTW, we would be curious to know whether you have an problems with restart, as some with the ProBook have had here. ??

Thank you so much, you have so many patience and good. Thanks.

I add in Extra all SSDT but not that SSDT-5. It works really good.

Buddy, maybe i have not understood good your last question about restart. I mean now with this new patch for ati disable if i try to off pc, pc goes off, if i try to sleep it goes in sleep, if i try to restart it restarts, if i try to sleep and off/restart it off/restarts, so pc works like previously, but probably i think to have understood not well your question.
Can you say me exactly what you want that i try? I'll try for you ;) Thanks

Thank you so much, you have so many patience and good. Thanks.

I add in Extra all SSDT but not that SSDT-5. It works really good.

Not sure what you mean by that, but...

Just to clarify, this is what you would normally do:
- patch DSDT
- patch SSDT-5
- DropSSDT=Yes
- include generated SSDT (for CPU) as /Extra/ssdt.aml
- include patched DSDT as /Extra/dsdt.aml
- include patched SSDT-5 (for Radeon disable) as /Extra/ssdt-1.aml
- and rarely, include any extra SSDTs you want/need as /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, /Extra/ssdt-3.aml, etc.

Buddy, maybe i have not understood good your last question about restart. I mean now with this new patch for ati disable if i try to off pc, pc goes off, if i try to sleep it goes in sleep, if i try to restart it restarts, if i try to sleep and off/restart it off/restarts, so pc works like previously, but probably i think to have understood not well your question.
Can you say me exactly what you want that i try? I'll try for you ;) Thanks

At least one ProBook was getting shutdown if restart was chosen (instead of restart).

Sounds like everything works as you expect on yours, so great...

Not sure what you mean by that, but...

Just to clarify, this is what you would normally do:
- patch DSDT
- patch SSDT-5
- DropSSDT=Yes
- include generated SSDT (for CPU) as /Extra/ssdt.aml
- include patched DSDT as /Extra/dsdt.aml
- include patched SSDT-5 (for Radeon disable) as /Extra/ssdt-1.aml
- and rarely, include any extra SSDTs you want/need as /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, /Extra/ssdt-3.aml, etc.

Yes, i maked this exactly. I think to have written not good in previous post about this: I add in Extra all SSDT but not that SSDT-5
I missed a "virgin" near SSDT-5 and near SSDT, sorry man..

At least one ProBook was getting shutdown if restart was chosen (instead of restart).

Sounds like everything works as you expect on yours, so great...

Yes, all works good, i'm happy, thanks to you.

Hmm so so far all test cases successfully disabled it without the restart problem. May be I should start over it. :crazy:

Code:
iasl -e DSDT.aml SSDT.aml SSDT-2.aml SSDT-3.aml SSDT-4.aml -d SSDT-5.aml

Rehab Man i have linux in flash drive how to extract in terminal can u give full terminal code i don't now how to extract in linux,
Wish you a Bright and Happy New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back