Contribute
Register

Help Debugging Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas of how my mouse is panicking my kernel and is it safe to update while this is happerning? I think I'll just focus on getting my data backed up, I need to have a break this is driving me nuts

Any ideas of how my mouse is panicking my kernel and is it safe to update while this is happerning? I think I'll just focus on getting my data backed up, I need to have a break this is driving me nuts

No, I don't know why your mouse is causing panics.

Personally, I would not try to update with an unstable system.

I'll keep going once I have everything backed up, I'm determined to have this build performing optimally as possible. Thank you for everything so far.

Would you recommend just doing a clean install of Catalina then? Kinda a pain but it might be better in the long run

I'll keep going once I have everything backed up, I'm determined to have this build performing optimally as possible. Thank you for everything so far.

Would you recommend just doing a clean install of Catalina then? Kinda a pain but it might be better in the long run

Nah. I don't really believe in clean installs. I went 13 years without doing one.

Damn well I guess I’ll just redo all my USB related stuff and see if that fixes it. So weird it happens when my mouse was never in

Edit: Well I completed that USB guide you linked, deleted all the port limiters and deleted the files you had in your APCI folders. Still, it's starting up saying the kernel has been panicked but I don't think it's making new logs though so is it a false flag?

Last edited:
I'm so stumped, so apparently I've had the mouse panicking the kernel for a while but it never would startup telling me something went wrong. Others have reported this problem but no solution. I've uninstalled the program and stopped using the mouse and it's still reporting at the top of the panic. I think it might be a different issue, maybe my APCI is incorrectly set up?

I'm so stumped, so apparently I've had the mouse panicking the kernel for a while but it never would startup telling me something went wrong. Others have reported this problem but no solution. I've uninstalled the program and stopped using the mouse and it's still reporting at the top of the panic. I think it might be a different issue, maybe my APCI is incorrectly set up?

Did you do the USB fix yet?

Did you update macOS yet?

I did the USB fix and have only updated to latest High Sierra, wasn't sure if it was safe to go Catalina yet.
I guess may as well, so I make a Catalina boot USB and put your latest Catalina EFI?
Would that be compatible with my i7 8700k and slightly different mobo?

I did the USB fix and have only updated to latest High Sierra, wasn't sure if it was safe to go Catalina yet.
I guess may as well, so I make a Catalina boot USB and put your latest Catalina EFI?
Would that be compatible with my i7 8700k and slightly different mobo?

Just update. There's no reason to wait. I always update macOS the first day it's available.

CPUs don't really matter. Chipsets are most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back