i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Reluctantly I have been forced to make a post here asking for help. I'm trying to get my MacOS/Windows dual boot work computer running Catalina, so I can use XCode 11. Could someone please take a look at my system and make sure everything's in order before the update?

I tried optimising my config plist and now I've given myself a shutdown bug -_-
I've also upgraded for Catalina by doubling the ram and swapping to an RX590, I think I've set this up right

edit: Oh and iMessage not working either

Last edited:
Reluctantly I have been forced to make a post here asking for help. I'm trying to get my MacOS/Windows dual boot work computer running Catalina, so I can use XCode 11. Could someone please take a look at my system and make sure everything's in order before the update?

I tried optimising my config plist and now I've given myself a shutdown bug -_-
I've also upgraded for Catalina by doubling the ram and swapping to an RX590, I think I've set this up right

Try the latest Clover EFI from my Z370 build. Link is below in my signature.

So I swapped from 18,1 to 19,2 because I thought it would be better for my 8700k and now my mac won't start saying that the version installed won't work on this mac... help pls

So I swapped from 18,1 to 19,2 because I thought it would be better for my 8700k and now my mac won't start saying that the version installed won't work on this mac... help pls

Put a good EFI folder on to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from the USB flash drive.

Okay well had an ordeal with that but I made a new usb and have got back in, I'm using your HighSierra EFI.

Now once I get imessage and all that working, should I be good to go and update to Catalina? I will look at your guides some more (thx they are very good), I would like to swap to OC at some stage too, I'm guessing I can migrate over after?

edit: Oh yeah so I should just stay on 18,3? or am I meant to wait till I update to Catalina before I swap to 19 or mac pro?

Okay well had an ordeal with that but I made a new usb and have got back in, I'm using your HighSierra EFI.

Now once I get imessage and all that working, should I be good to go and update to Catalina? I will look at your guides some more (thx they are very good), I would like to swap to OC at some stage too, I'm guessing I can migrate over after?

edit: Oh yeah so I should just stay on 18,3? or am I meant to wait till I update to Catalina before I swap to 19 or mac pro?

Put the Catalina EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and try booting from it. It should work fine.

I would change system definitions after updating to Catalina.

Okay so your latest Catalina EFI won't boot just sort of lingers on apple loading screen. The high Sierra Efi boots fine off the usb but when I swap my sys EFI to that and generate serials it won't boot

Okay so your latest Catalina EFI won't boot just sort of lingers on apple loading screen. The high Sierra Efi boots fine off the usb but when I swap my sys EFI to that and generate serials it won't boot

Okay. So keep the High Sierra EFI on your main system drive. Update to Catalina. When the update is complete, boot from your USB flash drive to get in to Catalina.

Of course, make backups of everything before updating.

The main problem I'm facing is that the machine won't power down or restart properly and it's panicking the kernel.
I've messed around with the clover plist a lot and I either hang or restart on shut down. I think it must be the rest of my EFI doing something

The main problem I'm facing is that the machine won't power down or restart properly and it's panicking the kernel.
I've messed around with the clover plist a lot and I either hang or restart on shut down. I think it must be the rest of my EFI doing something

Please copy/paste the kernel panic logs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back