Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oops... Forgot to reply here. I updated fine to Big Sur on latest OpenCore.
oh awesome, that's good to hear!
I'm still using OpenCore 0.5.8, and see the latest is now 0.6.3.
It's been so long since I setup my machine, I don't remember what steps I'd need to take to update to the latest OpenCore.
Are you using 0.6.3 with Big Sur?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@pastrychef today I attempted to update my EFI from OpenCore 0.5.8 to 0.6.5.
Unfortunately I failed and now can't boot up my Hackintosh.

On a 32GB thumb drive I have my original EFI folder on an EFI partition. However, I don't have macOS installed on that thumb drive.
I'm trying to figure out a way to get my original EFI back onto my 512GB NVMe drive (Hackintosh drive).

I also have a 1TB NVMe drive for Windows 10, but I can't figure out how to mount my Hackintosh EFI to copy the EFI folder onto there from within Windows (I've searched all over, can't find an answer).

Can I somehow boot from my 32GB thumb drive that has the proper EFI, though it doesn't have an OS?
Trying to figure out what options I have here to go back to my original EFI and try updating again.

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac

On a 32GB thumb drive I have my original EFI folder on an EFI partition. However, I don't have macOS installed on that thumb drive.
I'm trying to figure out a way to get my original EFI back onto my 512GB NVMe drive (Hackintosh drive).

I also have a 1TB NVMe drive for Windows 10, but I can't figure out how to mount my Hackintosh EFI to copy the EFI folder onto there from within Windows (I've searched all over, can't find an answer).

Can I somehow boot from my 32GB thumb drive that has the proper EFI, though it doesn't have an OS?
Trying to figure out what options I have here to go back to my original EFI and try updating again.
Hold the delete key at startup and go into bios menu. You should be able to select the USB PMAP UEFI partition to boot. Once booted just mount the EFI of the USB and copy over the RFI to the desktop. Remove the USB and then mount the system EFI (MacOS) and drag the desktop copy to it and replace.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Yeah. You can just plug in your USB flash drive, then spam the F12 key immediately after powering on the system to get to the BIOS boot menu. From there, you can select to boot from your USB flash drive and its EFI.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yeah. You can just plug in your USB flash drive, then spam the F12 key immediately after powering on the system to get to the BIOS boot menu. From there, you can select to boot from your USB flash drive and its EFI.
I was able to make a bootable Catalina installer on my thumb drive, and the EFI contains my original EFI folder, so I can boot from that.
However, now I'm blanking on how to copy the EFI contents from my thumb drive to my internal drive?
I can run the installer successfully, but can't figure out how to access the internal EFI folder and copy over my contents since I'm not in macOS. From the install menu I can launch Terminal, but didn't have any success figuring out how to copy of my EFI contents from the thumb to the internal.
Any suggestions?

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to make a bootable Catalina installer on my thumb drive, and the EFI contains my original EFI folder, so I can boot from that.
However, now I'm blanking on how to copy the EFI contents from my thumb drive to my internal drive?
I can run the installer successfully, but can't figure out how to access the internal EFI folder and copy over my contents since I'm not in macOS. From the install menu I can launch Terminal, but didn't have any success figuring out how to copy of my EFI contents from the thumb to the internal.
Any suggestions?

Boot from the USB Installer.
At the OpenCore boot menu, select your internal macOS system drive.
Mount EFI partition of both your USB flash drive and main system drive.
Copy the EFI Folder from the EFI partition of the USB flash drive to the EFI partition of the main system drive.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Boot from the USB Installer.
At the OpenCore boot menu, select your internal macOS system drive.
Mount EFI partition of both your USB flash drive and main system drive.
Copy the EFI Folder from the EFI partition of the USB flash drive to the EFI partition of the main system drive.
I boot from the USB installer, and at the OpenCore menu I select the internal macOS system drive, but then I get the "no access" icon with (circle with line through it).

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
I boot from the USB installer, and at the OpenCore menu I select the internal macOS system drive, but then I get the "no access" icon with (circle with line through it).
Try different ports on the back of the case/motherboard.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Try different ports on the back of the case/motherboard.
Thanks for the suggestion, but that hasn't seemed to help me either.
After I see the Apple logo for a moment, I get the "no access" logo, followed by this message:

OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted
Halting on critical error