Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• debug_2247.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 62
  • Liam’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    15.5 MB · Views: 56
Did you read post #19?
I thought it was very clear:
I'm still having the issue with no keyboard. I mentioned it earlier but I don't know if you saw it, that it's a mechanical keyboard, and that even though I can't use it in mac, I can using the function keys to change lighting modes and to disable the trackpad. I don't see references to VoodooPS2Keyboard in the kernel log. Most recent files are in the previous post.

I'm still having the issue with no keyboard. I mentioned it earlier but I don't know if you saw it, that it's a mechanical keyboard, and that even though I can't use it in mac, I can using the function keys to change lighting modes and to disable the trackpad. I don't see references to VoodooPS2Keyboard in the kernel log. Most recent files are in the previous post.

Check in Windows (Device Manager) to determine how the keyboard is connected to the computer (USB, I2C, PS2).

PS2 Keyboard
  • BIOS ID: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K
  • Device ID: PNP0303
  • Hardware ID: HPQ8001

That is the PS2 part that is just for volume control and probably a few other special functions.
You will likely find a second keyboard connected via other means.

That is the PS2 part that is just for volume control and probably a few other special functions.
You will likely find a second keyboard connected via other means.
I have 3 others connected. One might be software, but the only thing plugged in is my charger. All of these list as present.

Attachments

• Screenshot (24).png
    Screenshot (24).png
    272.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    253.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    254.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    257.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    262.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot (29).png
    Screenshot (29).png
    255.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    261.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    258.2 KB · Views: 53
I have 3 others connected. One might be software, but the only thing plugged in is my charger. All of these list as present.

You need to look at how they are connected.
It also may be useful to disable each one (one at a time, with a USB keyboard/mouse connected), such that you can determine which one corresponds to the nonworking keyboard in macOS.

You need to look at how they are connected.
It also may be useful to disable each one (one at a time, with a USB keyboard/mouse connected), such that you can determine which one corresponds to the nonworking keyboard in macOS.
It's the top left one. It looks like USB to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back