Graphics
intel hd 5500 integrated graphics,1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi! I have tried to install Yosemite 10.10.3 on my Hp laptop with the following specs:
CPU:Broadwell i3(5th gen):5010u clocked at 2.1Ghz
Bios :Insyde bios F.37(uefi enabled and RSA signed so no Bios modding possible)
GPU:Intel HD 5500(integrated grphics only)
Wifi:Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter
Motherboard:Hewlett-Packard 2336 (U3E1)
Sound:Realtek High Definition Audio
Ethernet:Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Bluetooth:Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

In bios I have enabled Uefi and clover.I have also changed the DVMT settings in the intelgraphicsframeworkbuffer.kext using a hex editor as described in this guide

http://www.firewolf.science/2015/04/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3/(I haven't done step no.3 as I am yet to figure as to how to do it but I have completed step2.1)

For making the bootable usb I used the following guide -http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html
I manually did what the base binaries method achieved.

I was able to boot into clover bootloader and it shows my mac partition and the nothing happens ,In verbose mode I get an error(attached in pic),in normal mode I get the apple screen followed by a symbol(both attached)

I have also attached my config.plist

I hope the above info is sufficient.Please help .

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 286
  • IMAG0178.jpg
    IMAG0178.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 301
  • IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 318
  • IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 318
  • IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 219
Don't patch the kext. Set DVMT-prealloc in BIOS instead.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Don't patch the kext. Set DVMT-prealloc in BIOS instead.

Post EFI/Clover folder.
Thanks for replying
Note-I have used the plist for intel HD 5500 in your post on making clover usb

My bios is a HP UEFI RSA signed bios so I cannot mod it.Here is the link to the EFI folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qntisuc3jjgdjgs/AAAK5phMDDLyYdIPELj_6N4Na?dl=0

As far as know I thought that the DVMT settings wont change the fact that the mac installer boots or not right?
How to Inject AAPL, ig-platform-id?Thats the third step in the kext modding procedure(I haven't done it yet)

One thing to note is that in my config.plist,ig-platform-id is given as something 002 while my actual id is the same something 000.should I change it?Can I change it wigth the default plist viewer or do I have to Xcode app(its size is 2.4 GB!!)?

Thanks for replying
Note-I have used the plist for intel HD 5500 in your post on making clover usb

My bios is a HP UEFI RSA signed bios so I cannot mod it.Here is the link to the EFI folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qntisuc3jjgdjgs/AAAK5phMDDLyYdIPELj_6N4Na?dl=0

Modify via UEFI shell.

How to Inject AAPL, ig-platform-id?Thats the third step in the kext modding procedure(I haven't done it yet)

AAPL,ig-platform-id is injected by the config.plist you're using.

One thing to note is that in my config.plist,ig-platform-id is given as something 002 while my actual id is the same something 000.should I change it?Can I change it wigth the default plist viewer or do I have to Xcode app(its size is 2.4 GB!!)?

No such thing as "actual id". ig-platform-id is for framebuffer configuration, has nothing to do with your device-id.

Modify via UEFI shell.

AAPL,ig-platform-id is injected by the config.plist you're using.

No such thing as "actual id". ig-platform-id is for framebuffer configuration, has nothing to do with your device-id.
Did you notice anything wrong with the efi folder?if not do u feel that the Dvmt issue will not let mac installation boot at all?

Did you notice anything wrong with the efi folder?if not do u feel that the Dvmt issue will not let mac installation boot at all?

drivers64UEFI is missing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

The config.plist looks ok.

DVMT-prealloc modification is not optional.

drivers64UEFI is missing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

The config.plist looks ok.

DVMT-prealloc modification is not optional.
I modded the DVMT value to 96mb which I have read is ok I guess.I used the same mac usb to try again today but again I get the same error.
Note- in have realized one thing that in clover bootloader,when I go to settings and see the fake cpu id and graphic card id ,both give the value as 0x00000000 which is absurd.do u think that could be the cause?i have tried changing it in the setting and booting but it still doesn't help.The graphic card model is recognized in the settings as Intel hd 5500 but the id aint right.

BY the way the screen resolution in the config.plist doesn't match mine(1366*768)

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    123.2 KB · Views: 246
I modded the DVMT value to 96mb which I have read is ok I guess.

Or 64mb.

BY the way the screen resolution in the config.plist doesn't match mine(1366*768)

Not sure what you mean. Broadwell config.plist is not resolution specific.

Or 64mb.

Not sure what you mean. Broadwell config.plist is notion specific.

What do you suggest I do next?What according to you is creating the problem?I have seen another guy with the same laptop post in some place that Yosemite 10.10.3 works on his laptop .I tried contacting him but haven't received a response yet so I am sure that osx will run but the thing is how

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back