Contribute
Register

Help! Asus Z97-A and sleep (USB 3.0 and xHCI related)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBook Pro '15 2016 w/Touch Bar
CPU
i7-6700HQ @ 2,6
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530 | Radeon Pro 450
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hi! I need your help please :D.

I've managed to install OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 on my brand new Asus Z97-A using Clover.

Here are my PC specs:

MOBO: Asus Z97-A
CPU: i7-4790k @ 4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX970 (Asus Strix GTX970 OC 4GB)
RAM: G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2400MHz 16GB (2x8GB)
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
HDD: Seagate Desktop 7200.14 2TB
PSU: Corsair RM750i
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSC0
Cooler: Cryorig H5 Universal
Case: Zalman Z11 Neo
Monitor: Dell U2414H @ 1920x1080

The build it's working perfect, the graphics card works perfect with the latest Nvidia Web Drivers and the CPU performance is awesome. The HDD it's partitioned in two partitions of 1TB each one. The first partition and the whole SSD were converted to a Fusion Drive disk.

The problem comes when I send the machine to sleep. The monitor and the fans turn off and it goes to sleep, but it wakes up instantly 1 second after.:confused:

I think it's related with USB 3.0 and xHCI. If i disable xHCI in the BIOS sleep works as it should do, but all USB ports work in 2.0 mode. :banghead:

I've tried using GenericUSBXHCI.kext with the flag -gux_defer_usb2, and all USB ports are listed as 3.0 and sleeps works perfect, but the system doesn't mount USB drives, it acts like if nothing was connected, they are only mounted if they were connected before OS X loads.

Please help MEEEE
:crazy:, if someone with this board has sleep working properly, please post what I have to do. Also i've read that on Z97-PRO, PRO AC and DELUXE boards sleeps works OOB.:cry:

I have the same problems I've tried a video on youtube to add kexts using kext wizard to get my usb 3.0 working and i got infinite kernal panics PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back