Acer Aspire 7 (A715-71G-71HS)
CPU
7700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD630/GTX1050, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello

I have been busy lately with trying to get Sierra fully operational on my hackintosh laptop. I downgraded from High Sierra as I have an intel 600p NVME and that one doesn't really seem to like High Sierra. Right now, everything seems to be working fine. Wifi works, audio works, touchpad works, brightness keys work, ... The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the HDMI port. When I put in a cable, nothing happens (no signal). If I reboot my system to windows, it works perfectly. So there is clearly something with my hackintosh.

I tried getting the NVIDIA gpu to work, but I am pretty sure it's using NVIDIA optimus. I also tried changing up some plist settings but that also did not help. I did use the 'Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops' guide for disabling my GTX1050 as it was not working with my hackintosh. Could it be that the HDMI port is in fact connected to the GTX 1050 and not the intel HD 630? Maybe my 1050 isn't using NVIDIA optimus after all...

I've attached problem reporting files, any help to solving this issue would be great!

Attachments

• debug_10857.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 215
Hello

I have been busy lately with trying to get Sierra fully operational on my hackintosh laptop. I downgraded from High Sierra as I have an intel 600p NVME and that one doesn't really seem to like High Sierra. Right now, everything seems to be working fine. Wifi works, audio works, touchpad works, brightness keys work, ... The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the HDMI port. When I put in a cable, nothing happens (no signal). If I reboot my system to windows, it works perfectly. So there is clearly something with my hackintosh.

I tried getting the NVIDIA gpu to work, but I am pretty sure it's using NVIDIA optimus. I also tried changing up some plist settings but that also did not help. I did use the 'Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops' guide for disabling my GTX1050 as it was not working with my hackintosh. Could it be that the HDMI port is in fact connected to the GTX 1050 and not the intel HD 630? Maybe my 1050 isn't using NVIDIA optimus after all...

I've attached problem reporting files, any help to solving this issue would be great!

Check in Windows to make sure you understand which graphics device the HDMI port is connected to.

Check in Windows to make sure you understand which graphics device the HDMI port is connected to.

Hi

I checked in windows and it appears to be connected to my 1050.

So... you need to focus on getting the Nvidia to work.

Ok I understand, but is it possible that it is using NVIDIA optimus + the HDMI is connected to my 1050? I have already tried to get the Nvidia to work but I couldn't succeed.

Btw, I may of not explained it perfectly. My laptop screen was connected to my HD630 and the external monitor in Windows was connected to my GTX1050.

Last edited:
Ok I understand, but is it possible that it is using NVIDIA optimus + the HDMI is connected to my 1050? I have already tried to get the Nvidia to work but I couldn't succeed.

You have already stated it is not Optimus.
If it was Optimus, you would find the external monitor connected to Intel in Windows.

You have already stated it is not Optimus.
If it was Optimus, you would find the external monitor connected to Intel in Windows.

I was able to get macOS to recognize my NVIDIA card but it still does not seem to work. When I look into my system definitions it says "NVIDIA Chip Model" with 0mb of VRAM. I googled around a bit and found that this issue seems to be with most nvidia laptop GPU's. I have already tried the following:

• Install NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext
  • Disable inject NVIDIA (this made NVIDIA appear in my system definitions)
  • Installed NVIDIA web drivers and added NvidiaWeb = Yes to my config.plist
  • Changed SMBIOS to iMac 17,1
  • Installed EmuVariabeleUefi
I'm pretty much out of options now and since this issue hasn't been fixed before I'm guessing it's not possible to use this GPU with a laptop.

I was able to get macOS to recognize my NVIDIA card but it still does not seem to work. When I look into my system definitions it says "NVIDIA Chip Model" with 0mb of VRAM. I googled around a bit and found that this issue seems to be with most nvidia laptop GPU's. I have already tried the following:

I'm pretty much out of options now and since this issue hasn't been fixed before I'm guessing it's not possible to use this GPU with a laptop.
"NVIDIA Chip Model" i though that normally means it is optimus although i could be wrong

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_30131.zip
    2 MB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back