Contribute
Register

HD530 iGPU on Ventura woes

In an embarrassing turn of events I found that my mobo does have a DP port, two of them in fact. They are combined with USB-C and I happened to have a USB-C hub with a DP adapter which works with any of the above framebuffers even without patching.

I tried various patches to make HDMI work but at this point I'm probably going to admit defeat and just use the DP adapter. It's probably of little help to others who might stumble upon this thread but unless someone has other ideas I just don't know what else to try.

Surprisingly, on 1259 Hackintool shows all 3 connectors as HDMI (no patching!) and I confirmed that 1 and 2 are USB-C/DP which leaves the third one for the HDMI port but I haven't found a working patch to make it work.

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 4.30.10 PM.png

So I did some more experimentation and found that using iMac18,2 SMBIOS and ig-platform-id=00001259 and deviceid=1250000 actually get me 1536Mb and full acceleration! Yay! There's just one tiny problem - the colors are... all borked. I don't even know how to describe it, there's a weird blue-ish tint, it's like they are inverted or smth. I almost thought this was a bad cable, but replacing a cable didn't help, and reverting settings fixes the colors at the expense of acceleration. Here's what it looks like:

View attachment 566953

Here's what I tried so far to fix the colors:
  • Checked connections, tried a different cable, monitor port
  • AAPL,GfxYTile - this results in a very different black screen, where I can only see the mouse cursor. There's definitely HDMI signal because the cursor and I can move it
  • Various other framebuffers and deviceids, as expected some don't work at all, some work but with similar results
  • enable-hdmi2.0, framebuffer-patch-enable, framebuffer-con{0-3}-enable, framebuffer-con{0-3}-type=00080000 neither of those had any effect.
To make things more puzzling, Hackintool shows DP, but IOReg correctly shows HDMI:
View attachment 566954
which boot-args you used to make it work
i used iMac18,2 SMBIOS and ig-platform-id=00001259 and deviceid=1250000 which you advised but not working can you help me please?

The device-id should be 12590000, you are missing the 9 from the id, so of course it doesn't work.

Back