Contribute
Register

HD4000 Graphics Support on Samsung NP530U4C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I was unable to change it there. When I plug in the HDMI when it is running normally, the screen will get dark, turn off and then turn back on.

On a side, not, I have been trying to get the brightness to work, and applied the ACPIbrightness.kext, added the HD3000/4000 fix in the dsdt.

I tried changing the GFX0 to IGPU, and I get two errors that say Object does not exist (IGFX) and realized that GFX0 does not exist in the DSDT.

Also as a note, I tried using the PNLF patch also. It did not work.

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label _SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
    Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
    Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

Post all DSDT/SSDT files if you need help.

Are there more than just those two in the clover file ACPI/Patched? See attached.

View attachment 103651 View attachment 103652

I was referring to your OEM SSDTs. Extract in Linux (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables, /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic) or from Clover by hitting F4 (will be in ACPI/origin).

But this DSDT already has GFX0 renamed to IGPU.

See attached: View attachment 103659

And to be sure, where am I placing these DSDT, SSDT, and config files? I have an EFI partition, and an EFI file on the partition with the OS. Which is preferred or overrules/writes the other?

The problem is you're using an ig-platform-id for a desktop computer, thus no backlight control... Your DSDT is setting 0166000a. 0166000a is for desktops.

For laptops, use 01660003, 01660004, or 01660009. 1366x768 is usually 01660003.

The problem is you're using an ig-platform-id for a desktop computer, thus no backlight control... Your DSDT is setting 0166000a. 0166000a is for desktops.

For laptops, use 01660003, 01660004, or 01660009. 1366x768 is usually 01660003.

Awesome. You were right. Not sure why the DSDT had the desktop version in it.

Out of curiosity would you know why Ethernet would not work when plugging in the cable after it has booted? It functions, but only when plugged in on boot, and if I unplug and replug while on, it does not function.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

Awesome. You were right. Not sure why the DSDT had the desktop version in it.

Out of curiosity would you know why Ethernet would not work when plugging in the cable after it has booted? It functions, but only when plugged in on boot, and if I unplug and replug while on, it does not function.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

Which Ethernet chipset do you have? What driver are you using?

Which Ethernet chipset do you have? What driver are you using?

I was using a kext which was designed for Lion and Mountain Lion. I found a proper kext. Last two things for now would be I am having trouble getting the brightness to not restart with full brightness, and the battery drains really quickly, and I am missing power management. How would I resolve those issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back