Contribute
Register

HD4000 Graphics Support on Samsung NP530U4C

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing.

I have FakeSMC.kext installed on both the EFI partition and in System/Library/Extensions. Same issue.

I have FakeSMC.kext installed on both the EFI partition and in System/Library/Extensions. Same issue.

It is not loading. Either you have a kernel cache issue, or a permissions issue. If you have InjectKexts=Detect, the one in EFI will not be injected (because you have FakeSMC on the system volume).

It is not loading. Either you have a kernel cache issue, or a permissions issue. If you have InjectKexts=Detect, the one in EFI will not be injected (because you have FakeSMC on the system volume).

I suppose all of my kexts I had saved on DropBox got corrupted on download for whatever reason. It seems to function now, albeit I still need to work on power drain. How would I hide the "Boot UEFI internal from EFI" menu options in Clover? I tried understanding the Wiki but it either does not work, or I get a graphics issue when trying to hide the menu options.

I suppose all of my kexts I had saved on DropBox got corrupted on download for whatever reason. It seems to function now, albeit I still need to work on power drain. How would I hide the "Boot UEFI internal from EFI" menu options in Clover? I tried understanding the Wiki but it either does not work, or I get a graphics issue when trying to hide the menu options.

I use custom entries to list only the entries I want to see. It is a bit of a pain to setup (gathering GUIDs from Clover bootlog, etc.), but then you see only what you want.

I use custom entries to list only the entries I want to see. It is a bit of a pain to setup (gathering GUIDs from Clover bootlog, etc.), but then you see only what you want.

It seems as if I cannot get the formatting correct, and where do I find the bootlog file? I tried using the boot flags to create one and no files were found after it finally booted.

See my attached config file. It just boots normally with about 10 boot options, when it should only be one.

View attachment config.plist

It seems as if I cannot get the formatting correct,

Formatting of what? If you're referring to config.plist, use a plist editor or Clover Configurator.

and where do I find the bootlog file?

You can see it from Console.app.

I tried using the boot flags to create one and no files were found after it finally booted.

See my attached config file. It just boots normally with about 10 boot options, when it should only be one.

View attachment 104824

You have GUI/Scan/Entries=true. So it will scan for various boot entries...

Formatting of what? If you're referring to config.plist, use a plist editor or Clover Configurator.

I am tried that.

You can see it from Console.app.

Okay, thank you, found that.

You have GUI/Scan/Entries=true. So it will scan for various boot entries...

I modified that, so now it will not show the tons of entries. I cannot get Clover Configurator to see the entry I put in which is what I was talking about the formatting. I do not know what the syntax for the entries are supposed to be.

• Volume - name of partition label, or GUID entry,
  • Path - I am confused if this is /EFI/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi or do I need Volumes/EFI/etc... or something else?
  • Anything else required?

I am tried that.

Okay, thank you, found that.

I modified that, so now it will not show the tons of entries. I cannot get Clover Configurator to see the entry I put in which is what I was talking about the formatting. I do not know what the syntax for the entries are supposed to be.

• Volume - name of partition label, or GUID entry,
  • Path - I am confused if this is /EFI/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi or do I need Volumes/EFI/etc... or something else?
  • Anything else required?

Read here for clues on custom entries: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

And the clover wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/

The GUI section of config.plist is one of the more complex parts of config.plist, so be prepared to spend some time learning and experimenting.

Read here for clues on custom entries: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

And the clover wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/

The GUI section of config.plist is one of the more complex parts of config.plist, so be prepared to spend some time learning and experimenting.

Yes, I read over those both before. I am confused because for the first link, where it describes everything, it includes a picture where for the path that it specifies, the slashes are opposite of normal. So where I would think it is /EFI/BOOT/etc, it is \EFI\BOOT\etc...

Yes, I read over those both before. I am confused because for the first link, where it describes everything, it includes a picture where for the path that it specifies, the slashes are opposite of normal. So where I would think it is /EFI/BOOT/etc, it is \EFI\BOOT\etc...

It is Windows convention, not Unix convention. UEFI uses some Windows conventions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back