Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's weird or not. But the first Native DSDT already all those errors in the first place. But i have included both the original which I extracted before installing any extra kext.

Thanks Again

Attachments

• Archive3.zip
    85.5 KB · Views: 139
It appears there may be a problem with the installed BIOS. Two suggestions; update to the latest BIOS or contact Asus.

Toleda Thanks for the advice, You were right, The New Bios for my board changed some of the previous information and also made the extra errors in my DSDT, SSDT V1 method worked and all ports are working correctly along with HDMI YAH.

Thanks again for the suggestion of the BIOS issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 9.19.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 9.19.11 PM.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 193
Attach MaciASL/File/Export Tableset....

If I could ask one last thing though. I revisited the the New DSDT and there are still 4 errors when I compile. So was wondering if you or anyone on the forum would how to permanently fix these errors.

I have the DSDT here and the Localhost file as well screen shot of the errors. Again any help really appreciated.

Thanks a millions TOLEDA for the Help with the HDMI issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 6.25.53 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 6.25.53 AM.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 216
  • Archive.zip
    60.1 KB · Views: 133
There was a forum that I found confirmed that DSDT editor fixes errors. Which is why I only these 4 left.
The premature End-Of-File says "fix errors" failed. Here is the patch to fix the dsdt. Open the native dsdt and MaciASL/Patch/Paste the code below. See Post #34 to edit for Haswelll HDMI audio.

Native dsdt patch, credit: SJ_UnderWater:
Code:
into device label PCI0 code_regex (\s+Zero){2,} remove_matched;
into method label _PS0 parent_label XHC code_regex (?<=\{)(\s+PS0X\s+)(?=\}) remove_matched;
into method label _PS3 parent_label XHC code_regex (?<=\{)(\s+PS3X\s+)(?=\}) remove_matched;
into method label ADBG code_regex (?<=Return\s\(MDBG\))\s+Arg0 remove_matched;
into definitionblock code_regex (?<=\s)(External\s\(_SB_.PCI0.PEG\d(?:\.P[^.]+)?\)) replaceall_matched begin //%1 end;
into device label WMI1 code_regex pnp0c14 replace_matched begin PNP0C14 end

Toleda,

I have been following the guide to get my HDMI audio to work for my system (Z77X-UD5H/GV-R6850). I am using the Lotus Framebuffer for HD6850. I patched the kext's according to notes 1 & 2. I tried the SSDT and it did not work so I removed it and am trying the DSDT edit.

However I am running into a problem because anytime I extract my DSDT, save it and try to patch it I get 31 errors and it won't allow me to compile. I am applying the "has1-dsdt-ami-8_series_hdmi_audio-1" patch. Is that the only patch that I need? I have tried the other patches (has2-dsdt-ami-8_series_add_dsdt-p0p2_v1.0) also but still getting 35+ errors.

What am I doing wrong? I have included my IOjones, "Native" DSDT, and boot.plist

Thanks

Attachments

• HDMI Audio.zip
    483.2 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back