Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I have installed the patch. I have another question, after enable HDMI audio, I can't control the volume, is there any way to control the volume?

Thx

Toleda,

The last time you tried to help with enabling Haswell HDMI Audio, it did not end well. I apologize for any mistakes on my part. If you want to help me this time, I will follow your instructions.

I have been trying to get dual boot working with Mavericks and UEFI Windows 7 using Clover. Now I have Mavericks booting with Clover and everything seems to work except HDMI audio.

I have done the following and verified everything as per the instructions under troubleshooting section (IGPU@2 and HDAU@3 have appropriate fields and values).

1) Deleted HDAEnabler1.kext (no HDAEnabler2.kext)
2) Installed AppleHDA.next from Multibeast 6.0 and did not apply any patches
3) Patched AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext using the command file provided
4) Copied the attached SSDT.aml into clover ACPI/patched folder and added OEMSSDT <yes> to the config.plist
5) Rebuilt the cache and rebooted

The audio system control does not have HDMI listed.

My configuration is

Intel HD 4600 audio with only HDMI monitor connected (audio supported)
i7-4770K intel Haswell processor
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H with ALC892 Audio

The SSDT and IOJones are enclosed.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    526 bytes · Views: 212
  • v-iojones-1107.iojones
    1.8 MB · Views: 188
Intel HD 4600 audio with only HDMI monitor connected (audio supported)
Framebuffer problem; exactly what is connected to the HDMI port? If you have a DP2HDMI adapter and/or DVI2HDMI adapter, try each.

Framebuffer problem; exactly what is connected to the HDMI port? If you have a DP2HDMI adapter and/or DVI2HDMI adapter, try each.

I am not using any adapters. I have the monitor connected to the HDMI port on the MB via a digital audio extractor. The speaker system is connected to the audio extractor. So, one HDMI cable connects the MB to the audio extractor and another connects the audio extractor to the monitor. Coaxial digital audio cable connects the speakers to the audio extractor.

The same setup worked with Mountain Lion on a Sandy Bridge setup until few weeks back. I will try connecting the monitor directly to the MB. Monitor has built-in speakers.

Bypassing the Audio Extractor did not help.

But, using a DVI2HDMI adapter got the HDMI audio to work (with or without the audio extractor). Does it mean that I need to use the adapter and not use the HDMI port?

But, using a DVI2HDMI adapter got the HDMI audio to work (with or without the audio extractor). Does it mean that I need to use the adapter and not use the HDMI port?
Gigabyte wired the HDMI connector to a different place on your motherboard. Deja vu, no IOReg. This is a simple request, attach an IOReg with each reply; OK? Until I see an IOReg with DVI audio, use the DVI port.

No success with my rig.
GA Z87MX-D3H/Bios version F5/Intel i7 4770/HD 4600/Mavericks 10.9.0
Attached
the patches I used (for Azul and AppleHDA)
IOJones dump
edited DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml

Attachments

• Azimuth1 Z87.zip
    240.3 KB · Views: 152
No success with my rig.
No surprise, ignored "select one", Post #1
ML Haswell HDMI audio enabling techniques - select one

1. ML: Haswell HDMI Audio dsdt (with dsdt edits)
  2. ML: Haswell HDMI Audio ssdt (with native dsdt)
The dsdt edits where not done properly and are not ready for HDMi audio.
Remove the dsdt and reply with a new IOJones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back