Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise, ignored "select one", Post #1
ML Haswell HDMI audio enabling techniques - select one

1. ML: Haswell HDMI Audio dsdt (with dsdt edits)
  2. ML: Haswell HDMI Audio ssdt (with native dsdt)
The dsdt edits where not done properly and are not ready for HDMi audio.
Remove the dsdt and reply with a new IOJones.

Stll not working with your suggestions...

See test2.zip attached.

Attachments

• test2.zip
    226.9 KB · Views: 135
So my BAD had misinterpreted the steps. So used method 2 with v1 because of Layout ID 1 is the correct one for me and again still nothing. Included DPCI screen shots confirming that the everything is recognized correctly and included IOJones file as weil saved from my original view. I would like to mention as well that the first time I got HDMI to work was using SSDT from the v2 which wasn't the right layout, but now can't reproduce that anymore as well. Hopefully your knowledge will help

Thanks Again for your help.

Attachments

• Archive 3.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
So my BAD had misinterpreted the steps. So used method 2 with v1 because of Layout ID 1 is the correct one for me and again still nothing
You cannot use the ssdt method with your dsdt. Remove the ssdt. Use the dsdt method; apply 3 patches:
1. 8series-Clean Complie
2. Desktop-sdd_dsdt/PCIO/P0P2
3. Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1

Reply with edited dsdt and new IOJones

To be clear, the OS X HDMI audio/ssdt works with the graphics card in the x16 slot. Your choice.

It works now. I bought a new GT640, that fits mechanically in the first slot.

Thanks you so much.

HDMI connector is on Port 0x5 instead of Port 0x7. See Post #25 and make the same edits to the native framebuffer. Reply with new IOJones.

IMG_9501.jpg

It works! :clap: Thanks so much! :thumbup:
And many thanks to GiacomoLeopardo who's helped me with this rig.;)

I post here the modified AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kext, so that everyone can use it if needed. It completely resolved the audio over HDMI problem with my Gigabyte
GA-Z87MX-D3H motherboard.

Cheers
:wave:

Attachments

• AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.zip
    180.1 KB · Views: 338
Ok So I have reinstalled everything and used Multibeast no DSDT setup with 892 without DSDT. Sound without HDMI works flawlessly. Then Used your 2nd method with SSDT-1 v1 renamed to SSDT and chimera enabling. removed the HDAenabler1.kext and rebuild cache and no HDMI, even using previous v2 SSDT which use to work doesn't work anymore.

Here is my IOJones file after all the above was done. Hope you can shed some light.

Thanks Again

P.S. I sometimes rather start from scratch, when possible.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    327.2 KB · Views: 150
Hey Toleda

Sorry for my ignorance. I've been trying to reproduce the success that I initially had with the SSDT method. I have tried using DSDT method but being a NOOB and not knowledgeable when it comes to edit a DSDT and fixing errors, I was unable to edit, patch and compile the DSDT. I have include the DSDT unedited that I got initially when I reinstalled Mavericks. I have search forums on trying to fix the DSDT compilation errors, that I'm getting, without any luck. So I'm hoping you can help further in any way.

Thanks Again for any help you can provide

P.S. I have followed the method but even without patches applied I get the errors I tried fixing them but there are always some that I can't fix, so it never compiles.

Attachments

• Archive 2.zip
    1 MB · Views: 124
I've been trying to reproduce the success that I initially had with the SSDT method.
The reason you thought the ssdt worked is the dsdt edits worked and the ssdt did not. For third time, HDMI audio will never work with your native dsdt, thank Asus. Somehow you compiled the dsdt attached in your first post successfully.

You set a record, 115 errors; start over. Extract the native dsdt, apply the 3 patches in Post #34 and save the file as Disassmbled ASL File. Attach both the native dsdt and the edited dsdt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back