Graphics
Inno3D GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys! Since Haswell is here and many are quite pleased with how it works, I'd like to know whether the parts I will be mentioning can work together or not. And FYI, I havent built any PC before by myself but I know enough about how to get things together. So here goes:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87
Processor: Intel Core i7 4770K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4*4
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB SATA 6 GB/s and Corsair 60GB SSD
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with an extra fan
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Mouse & Keyboard: A4Tech Keyboard and Mouse Combo
PSU: Cooler Master Extreme II 650W
Casing: Corsair Graphite Series 600T White Edition
and etc.

The reason why I want to know whether this will work or not is that I cannot spend money every year or two. If I build this system, I will have to work with it for atleast 4-5 years. I know Gigabyte is the most recommended option but they will take a lot of time to arrive at where I live. Thanks.

I would recommend ASUS only for those who has experience in Hackintoshing.
Waiting for the Gigabyte boards is your own good.

The HD7850 is "good" but it needs extra kexts.

Hey Guys! Since Haswell is here and many are quite pleased with how it works, I'd like to know whether the parts I will be mentioning can work together or not. And FYI, I havent built any PC before by myself but I know enough about how to get things together. So here goes:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87
Processor: Intel Core i7 4770K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4*4
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB SATA 6 GB/s and Corsair 60GB SSD
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with an extra fan
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Mouse & Keyboard: A4Tech Keyboard and Mouse Combo
PSU: Cooler Master Extreme II 650W
Casing: Corsair Graphite Series 600T White Edition
and etc.

The reason why I want to know whether this will work or not is that I cannot spend money every year or two. If I build this system, I will have to work with it for at least 4-5 years. I know Gigabyte is the most recommended option but they will take a lot of time to arrive at where I live. Thanks.

Not at this time. There is currently no support for Haswell in OSX. Wait until either the release of the next update of Mountain Lion (10.8.5 probably) or the release of Mavericks (10.9).

Not at this time. There is currently no support for Haswell in OSX. Wait until either the release of the next update of Mountain Lion (10.8.5 probably) or the release of Mavericks (10.9).

If this is the case, then the release of new Macbook Airs was of no use?

Yes there is support , but only in 10.9 Mavericks which isn't out yet .
I am not sure about the 4770K , but the 4570k works in 10.9 .
If you are registered apple developer you can download 10.9 and try it . But if you aren't a registered developer you will have to wait till this fall for OSX mavericks to come out .

Due to forum rules and Apple NDA , This is all that i am allowed to tell you .

okay so finally the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H is available here. Now the question is if I get my stuff and pay Apple to become a developer and get Mavericks DP, will someone here help me through the install process? I need to know this before making any further decision as we all know it is a little difficult. Thanks :)

:arrow:
Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back