Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'm hung up at this point... I'm not sure I understand what to do with this. Let me know if I can provide any info to help you help me. ThanksQ

"Also, Haswell E isn't in the kernel yet- the cpu-id needs to be added to the source and rebuilt. This is tricky- described
here​
. I've done the edit, and recompiled it below.

EDIT: Kernel Download Removed- added Binary Patching information. It's better to patch in place the native supplied kernel with a slight modification instead of using a recompiled version. Therefore I've removed the original modified kernel from this post. Simply run the binary patch on either your Installation USB, as described below, or on your system's drive after installation."

Just follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread to patch the kernel. Initially Tonymac had provided us with a patched kernel, but as the process progressed, another user provided a script so that users could patch their own kernels. That's why it says "kernel download removed..." - it's just a log of the evolution of the process.

Thanks for your response. Are you speaking of the terminal inputs? or the linked deemed "tricky"?

I've done the terminal part and it reveals a "mach_kernel" in the root of my USB (along side "Install OS X Mavericks")

The tricky stuff I'm totally lost with.

Thanks for your response. Are you speaking of the terminal inputs? or the linked deemed "tricky"?

I've done the terminal part and it reveals a "mach_kernel" in the root of my USB (along side "Install OS X Mavericks")

Ignore the stuff in italics about "EDIT: kernel download removed" and the paragraph above it.

Just start with the step-by-step instructions. Wherever you see "Code" in the original post (the stuff in the Courier font/typeface with the light blue background), that is code that you need to type into the Terminal application (Applications > Utilities > Terminal). By following those steps and typing in those terminal commands, you'll be able to properly patch the kernel yourself and add Haswell-E support to your UniBeast install key. Then during the install process, use Terminal again to copy the patched kernel to your in-progress install of Mavericks.

For me I had to use only the first code, using both of them made my Hack refusing to boot properly.

So I suggest you to start using only the first, and if it doesn't work, then apply the second one...

But I'm not as experimented as BoomR (how help me a lot) so you should listen to him :headbang:

For me I had to use only the first code, using both of them made my Hack refusing to boot properly.

So I suggest you to start using only the first, and if it doesn't work, then apply the second one...

But I'm not as experimented as BoomR (how help me a lot) so you should listen to him :headbang:

Good point, friend. Over in the sister thread for X99/OX S 10.10.0, we only use the first line of code to patch the kernel. I'm not sure if it was an oversight to leave both patches here or not. So agreed - just use the first patch. If it doesn't work, then apply the 2nd one.

Why dont you use stingas voodoohda patch?
It works great for me!

greetings,
Alex

I've almost forget to thank you Alex :oops:

Thanks a lot, in fact the Voodoohda patch is working perfectly on my ga-x99-ud4! :clap:

... and of course, thank you to Stingas, Tony, and all the staff for the amazing work they are doing to help the community!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Greetings from France

Hi did you have to do anything special in order to boot from the Unibeast USB flash drive? I have the same mainboard (Asus X99-E WS) but for some reason I am not able to boot from the Unibeast USB flash drive.

I am able to successfully boot the Unibeast USB flash drive inside of a VMWare virtual machine, but when I try on the physical machine it seems like I am experiencing some type of "boot0" error, that flashes on the screen then quickly goes away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[QUOTE}--

Hey everybody,

I've been lurking here for a moment. I have a new build that I've just made to finish my film, that because of the specifics of that, I now *have* to get a Hackintosh system up and running, pretty fast.

I tried Unibeast plus the Plist edit and the 8-core Voodoo file. I got stuck with "PCI configuration begin." I tried bunches of different boot flags.

Now I've downloaded clover, and I'm starting to get a little stuck. What in particular do I need to do to the clover build to make this work?

I've read on the other forums that Yosemite is a no-go for my build, but I should be able to get mavericks going, right?

Thank you guys, so much!

Asus x99-e ws motherboard
intel i7 5960x
Nvidia Titan Black
2133 RAM

aemilia

Hi!
I'm sorry, but I have a different mobo, so I'll leave others to help you right now...

If in two or three days, you don't have a solution, then I'll try to help you :)

Btw, you don't tell us about the kernel patch, only the Plist edit and the 8-core Voodoo file (I don't know what the "Plist edit" is... if you have a link...)

Did you patch your kernel? Because you have to!

B.

How did you go about solving that problem?

"Currently attempting a Clover boot. I keep getting this error when booting:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x164CD pages below 0x100000000): Not Found"

I have the same issue with Clover, when I insert my second GPU. With a single GPU it works OK.

How did you go about solving that problem?

"Currently attempting a Clover boot. I keep getting this error when booting:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x164CD pages below 0x100000000): Not Found"

I have the same issue with Clover, when I insert my second GPU. With a single GPU it works OK.

Hi!

you should quote the person (or the message) you're asking for an answer ;)

Greetings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back