Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Have the system: Asus x99-a Intel i7 5820k Nvidia GTX 760
Could I bear Yosemite because it appeared that Logic pro does not work on this system. Constantly crashes error the System is overloaded. On Mavericks, everything works much better as the graphics and audio applications. What is the reason I don't know. Read the whole topic but I do not understand how to install the bootloader. Loaded all the time with Unibeast key. Chameleon is not installed properly. Clover also not be loaded. I understand many have this problem. To install chameleon on the EFI partition is not a good solution. Please help!:banghead:

Hi folks! My new rig is the following:
Intel 5960X OC 4,3 Ghz
Gigabyte X99 UD5 WIFI
G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 2400
Asus Geforce GTX 770 2Gb
MAC OS X 10.9.5
Mac Definition: Mac Pro 6,1
Method: Chimera+Multibeast

After a regular and successful installation of OS X 10.9.5, few days ago I tried to boot from another SSD coming from my former X79 rig (whose description is in my signature) adding proper kernel, SSDT and Woodootscsync 8 cores: the result seems to be some sort of partial speedstep according to Intel Power Gadget, with an active frequency moving from 1,2 to 4,3 Ghz (with three P-States in DCPIManager though) and a lower CPU temperature. I noticed that this older SSD drive of mine had a GenericUSBXHCI. kext for X79 boards (you can find it on the net). Out of curiosity I decided to install this old X79 genericUSBXHCI kext it in a brand new installation on my X99 system and I obtained the same surprising result of a shifting CPU frequency.
I do not know if this can be somehow helpful or a hint for further investigation. I hope so.

Good find! Saw the reference to your post from the Yosemite forum and tried it out on my 10.10.2 x99 system and the USB kext does enable the additional P states like you describe. I get no change in system benchmarks and my USB ports work fine after I added the kext. Nobody seems to know why this works and I think most people don't even believe this makes any difference, but it did for me as I verified the frequencies with Intel Power Gadget.

Hi Lokicat. I don't know...I discovered this nearly as a coincidence while testing my new rig ... I noticed the only thing that could do the difference was that kext...verified through HWmonitor too and it shows the same behaviour...in addition, it has solved some slight laggy graphics issue I had before installing it so maybe it is not just cosmetic...

Finally I installed chameleon. Had to copy the EXTRA folder c a bootable USB drive. On another it does not work. Reformatted the disk to MBR but chameleon has not been established. Maybe in my BIOS. But it worked out. A mystery to me why my system is much productive Mavericks than Yosemite?

Hi All,
I'm new in this tread I have to buy a MB x99, I have thing to buy asus x99-e WS, but I haven't still understand if It work properly under OS X 10.10.
Thanks in advance if someone would explain and clarify the situation.
Ste

Hey,

Firstly, you guys are great. Reading through this thread alone has enabled me to get Mavericks working on my new GA-X99-UD5 Wifi, with 5960X. All cores, networking and 2 HD7970. All working.

Just the audio, wifi, and power management to sort. Started with the audio because I think I'll do less damage that way. :lol:

(Not forgetting RAID one day too).

Has anyone managed to get the audio working for GA-X99-??????. It's ALC1150.
I've tried patching the AppleHDAController with 20 8D as suggested, but I must be doing something wrong or not doing something at all. :crazy:

Cheers for now,
Paul

Should have mentioned, I've never done this before. I'm a software engineer though, so that will make things worse.

Hey Winged Beast,

I read your post on TonyMac that you got your X99-UD5 Running smoothly.

Did you create a DSDT file? OsxAptioFixDrv problems? Been struggling with mine.

Thank you
Nick

hello maybe a little bit off topic but anyone managed to upgrade to the latest MACos Yosemite and reported that our haswell i7 works out of the box? Or the support is still not there for this CPU?

hello maybe a little bit off topic but anyone managed to upgrade to the latest MACos Yosemite and reported that our haswell i7 works out of the box? Or the support is still not there for this CPU?

As of latest release to public of 10.10.2 there is still no support for the X99 platform or Haswell-E..

You have just to run kextutily and nothing else. it clean automaticly
then restart your computer

NB: for me, i connected the cable on the down plug

Have you managed to get the 5960x working with Asus X99 Deluxe ? Is it overclocked ? I am oscillating between GA x99 soc force, soc champion , asus x99 deluxe and Asus X 99 E-WS. I want to use the same processor but now I'm in the process of buying the rest of the components. Any hint on the installation method would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back