Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...... I succeeded in booting on my fresh Mavericks using the bootloader of the Unibeast's USB Stick,

then I ran Multibeast for 10.9, choose:

View attachment 114367
Install, then I've got this:

View attachment 114368

and "FakeSMC.kext is not signed.....blabla"

I change my system language from French to English, ran again Multibeast, and choose to install only VoodooTSCSync and FakeSMC

VoodooTSCSync's still not recognize, but no more "FakeSMC.kext is not signed.....blabla" thing...:eek:

So it seems that FakeSMC is well installed, but what should I do for VoodooTSCSync, booting on the Unibeast's USB Stick, and use:

cp -R /Volumes/USB/Extra/Extensions/VoodooTSCSync.kext /Volumes/Mavericks/System/Library/Extensions/

???

My rig
GA-X99-UD4 rev.1 bios F9c
5960X @ Stock
32Go RAM
GTX285
500Go StataII 3,5" (mechanical)

Try GraphicsEnabler=No and use MacPro6,1 definition. Since you are using dedicated GPU, GE=no is the correct setting. GE=Yes is for motherboards with on-board HD4000/HD46000 graphics. That could be causing some problems.

Don't worry about the messages during MB install that alert you to kexts not being "signed" - this is normal.

Hi BoomR!

thx for the reply!

Finally I made it, in a strange way...:sick: but it works!!! :mrgreen:

Right now, I can boot without Usb stick (with the Smatimbaud's trick) with Chimera 3.0.1 and

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1</string>

thanks a lot BoomR!

but I need GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot properly... As long as I have graphic acceleration, I don't care :D

And now for something completly different... the Sound... I'm so afraid of messing everything up, trying to solve the sound :cry:

And the Tonymac's post about it doesn't help me, bcause I don't understant anything :oops:

Any advice will be welcomed (again, yes I know....;))

PS: I almost forgot, I have this issue in youtube, the video stops after 11 or 12 seconds... If I move the slider on the timline a bit, it starts again for 11 or 12 seconds and then stops again... annoying....

I installed my Line-6 Tone Port UX2 usb sound card, and voilà, sound's working, and youtube also... :mrgreen:

Ok I have found the problem with instability (slow upload)

edit /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/Contents/Info.plist

locate NETIF_F_TSO and change true to false

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext

and the problem is gone

the multibeast should fix the bundled appleintelhda 3.0 and 3.1 to switch this to false because driver does NOT support TCP Segment Offloading (TSO)

Tony - can you fix that and maybe do new release of the multibeast to save a lot of headaches? P:)

Works fine on my ga-x99-ud4 bios F9c :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot festr2! :headbang:

And now for something completly different... the Sound... I'm so afraid of messing everything up, trying to solve the sound :cry:

Any advice will be welcomed (again, yes I know....;))

In my particular case with my X99 build, I was simply able to run MultiBeast and select the proper audio kext from the Audio menu. Works like a champ. So I'd recommend to you: Just check the manual for your mobo to see what audio chipset your board is using, and then select that from the list of options in MultiBeast.

Wow! Could it be as simple...? o_O:confused::p

I'll made a clone of my system, and "let's have a try!" :twisted:

Arghhhhhh..... the patched AppleHAD 1150 from Multibeast doesn' work for me :cry:

The kext doesn't load after reboot

Capture d’écran 2014-11-19 à 10.04.32.png

Mmmmhhh, I found a "HDAEnabler.dylib" in my Mavericks/Extra/Modules... it doesn't come from Multibeast, right?

Capture d’écran 2014-11-19 à 10.05.16.png

Perhaps it came from a previous attemp to make my audio working... should I get rid of it?
I have, but nothing new... still no output (except from my usb sound card) :(

Arghhhhhh..... the patched AppleHAD 1150 from Multibeast doesn' work for me :cry:

The kext doesn't load after reboot

View attachment 114515

Mmmmhhh, I found a "HDAEnabler.dylib" in my Mavericks/Extra/Modules... it doesn't come from Multibeast, right?

View attachment 114516

Perhaps it came from a previous attemp to make my audio working... should I get rid of it?
I have, but nothing new... still no output (except from my usb sound card) :(

Why dont you use stingas voodoohda patch?
It works great for me!

greetings,
Alex

Hi Alex!

my purpose is to achieve the more vanilla's hack I could do...

but I'll give your proposition a try ;)

Here in France it's 10PM, so I'll wait tomorrow to did it, see you then for the next episode :mrgreen:

Cheers!

I dont know if its related - but I found that no matter what I tired - whether using multibeast or chimera - it would not boot from the ssd , even though its connected to the correct port etc. Finally after updating from F5 to F9 bios , on the x99 ud4, it booted from the ssd. didnt even have to re-install multibeast / chimera, so it seems F5 is buggy.

Hey guys. I'm hung up at this point... I'm not sure I understand what to do with this. Let me know if I can provide any info to help you help me. ThanksQ

"Also, Haswell E isn't in the kernel yet- the cpu-id needs to be added to the source and rebuilt. This is tricky- described
here​
. I've done the edit, and recompiled it below.

EDIT: Kernel Download Removed- added Binary Patching information. It's better to patch in place the native supplied kernel with a slight modification instead of using a recompiled version. Therefore I've removed the original modified kernel from this post. Simply run the binary patch on either your Installation USB, as described below, or on your system's drive after installation."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back