Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed working Audio (ALC 115O) on my GA X99 UD5 TH (second rig) and Os 10.9.5.

Method: Toleda's audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch. command

Thanks to Toleda and Tony.

Hi,
Is there anyone that tryed this patch for dual E5-26XX v3 system with mavericks ? Is it working ? Or yosemite could be better in supporting these CPUs ?

has anyone tested FakeCPUID in clover example 0x0306C0 haswell works on Pentium G3258 well

5960x
ASrock x99m Killer
16gigs @ 2100
GTX 680 (Tomorrow GTX 980 comes in XD )
Samsung 840ssd / 3tb HDD / 1tb HDD

The 980 may break the build :banghead: Ill test it out and see if hackintosh will still work but i'm not putting my hopes on it.
Set your mind at ease. The GTX980 works like a champ with the Asrock X99M Killer. I just got mine running Mavericks with the 980 installed.
Tried with Yosemite first and kept getting IOBluetoothFamily KPs, so thought I would try Mavericks.

Download the drivers from nVidia and install them, then swap out the gfx cards and you should be good to go. Don't forget to add nvda_drv=1 to your boot flags.

Set your mind at ease. The GTX980 works like a champ with the Asrock X99M Killer. I just got mine running Mavericks with the 980 installed.
Tried with Yosemite first and kept getting IOBluetoothFamily KPs, so thought I would try Mavericks.

Download the drivers from nVidia and install them, then swap out the gfx cards and you should be good to go. Don't forget to add nvda_drv=1 to your boot flags.
Spoke too soon - will not cold boot with the 980 installed.

Hi Sir, is it possibile hackintosh for MSI X99 Gaming7 + 5820k?

Hello there , i got here Gigabyte Soc Force x99 with 5960x and r9 280x gigabyte as well,i tried different combos like chimera bootloader ,chameleon ,multibeast with legacy boot and uefi , i can't even touch the installer screen my far result is , pci configuration begin, i tried also all flags and kernel also the patched kernels, i got a question , does someone got this r9 280x working in his system? is compatible with hakingtosh? i saw on a youtube a video with the same card ,it's look like 7970 tahiti , where i am wrong?:banghead:

This is probably a no, but I'll ask anyways.

I currenlty have a 4930k and Rampage Black.
I want to upgrade to a 5930k and Rampage 5 Extreme....

Would I have to do the install again? Or could I just boot from my current SSD on the new system?
Or should I just keep what I got.

Hi folks! My new rig is the following:
Intel 5960X OC 4,3 Ghz
Gigabyte X99 UD5 WIFI
G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 2400
Asus Geforce GTX 770 2Gb
MAC OS X 10.9.5
Mac Definition: Mac Pro 6,1
Method: Chimera+Multibeast

After a regular and successful installation of OS X 10.9.5, few days ago I tried to boot from another SSD coming from my former X79 rig (whose description is in my signature) adding proper kernel, SSDT and Woodootscsync 8 cores: the result seems to be some sort of partial speedstep according to Intel Power Gadget, with an active frequency moving from 1,2 to 4,3 Ghz (with three P-States in DCPIManager though) and a lower CPU temperature. I noticed that this older SSD drive of mine had a GenericUSBXHCI. kext for X79 boards (you can find it on the net). Out of curiosity I decided to install this old X79 genericUSBXHCI kext it in a brand new installation on my X99 system and I obtained the same surprising result of a shifting CPU frequency.
I do not know if this can be somehow helpful or a hint for further investigation. I hope so.

Having the exact same issue. Was there ever a fix?

Tried Lowmemfix and osxaptio-2.. Both without success. Rebuilding caches also without effect.

Event ried removing the nvidia web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back