Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.9.4 / 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,

I'm stuck at the apple logo and don't even get to the installation screen. I tried the method in this guide, with vodoo-kext, the two terminalpatches, npci=0x2000/3000 cpus=1. Also tried GP=Yes/No, -x, -v. When I use -v the screen just gets black after a while, with everything else it gets stuck at the apple logo. My build is:

- asus x99-a
- asus R9 280x
- crucial ram
- 250 gb ssd samsung
- i7 5820k

I also updated the BIOS to 1004. Do I need a fix because of the AMD GPU? I read in different threads that it works out of the box. Some people use the efi bootloader method, but I can't do that without any OS or can I? I really don't know how to proceed, because I don't get a stuck screen with -v (just black in my case) and so I don't have the information about the problem source. Since everybody else seems to be allright with the asus x99-a my guess would be the GPU is the problem... if anybody could give me a hint on where to look, I would appreciate it very much.

thanks a lot!

Hi everybody!

Something strange happens to me...

Did the two kernel's patches, added the VoodooTSCSync.kext (8 cores), ncpi=0x2000, -v, usb key on usb2

then, after PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN, I have a black screen, with a white square moving acordingly with my mouse :crazy:

... and nothing else...... :banghead:

it's been 1/2 an hour that I'm waiting something happens, but...:thumbdown:

My rig is on the left, under my avatar. edit: the MB is a GA-X99-UD4 bios: F8

If someone could help me :thumbup: :D

Hi everybody!

Something strange happens to me...

Did the two kernel's patches, added the VoodooTSCSync.kext (8 cores), ncpi=0x2000, -v, usb key on usb2

I'm not sure if this may be the issue, but we learned over in the X99/OS X 10.10.0 thread that only the **first** kernel patch is needed...not both. You might want to try rebuilding your USB key from scratch, but just applying the first kernel patch (if that doesn't work, you can always go back & apply the 2nd patch).

Also, you might try this boot flag at the Chameleon screen for your USB key:
nv_disable=1

I'm not sure if this may be the issue, but we learned over in the X99/OS X 10.10.0 thread that only the **first** kernel patch is needed...not both. You might want to try rebuilding your USB key from scratch, but just applying the first kernel patch (if that doesn't work, you can always go back & apply the 2nd patch).

nv_disable=1

Ok! I'll try.. thanks!

nv_disable=1

YOU'RE THE ONE BOOMR! :clap::headbang::thumbup:

I tried the combination of the first patch only, nv_disable=1, and voilà!

I'm welcome on the Install screen :D

Hope the rest will be a piece of cake ;)

Thank you a lot!

Well..... no luck for tne next part... :evil:

I followed the instructions of this guide, ending the instalation of 10.9.5 with:

- the copy of the mach_kernel from the USB
- start my fresh Mavericks using the bootloader of the USB
- run Multibeast in Free DSDT-Mode, add -npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=Yes (for my GTX285),
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext,
and then, Mavericks tells me that VoodooTSCSync.kext is not signed, and I should contatc the developper,
and, FakeSMC.kext won't load because something's wrong...

So, I restarted from the USB, and used the Terminal to copy VoodooTSCSync.kext and FakeSMC.kext, from my USB to S/L/E in Mavericks.

Restart from Chimera on Mavericks, and then tadaaaa!

(sorry for the quality)

IMG_3255.jpg

I'm a bit lost... :banghead:

Well..... no luck for tne next part... :evil:

I followed the instructions of this guide, ending the instalation of 10.9.5 with:

- the copy of the mach_kernel from the USB
- start my fresh Mavericks using the bootloader of the USB
- run Multibeast in Free DSDT-Mode, add -npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=Yes (for my GTX285),
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext,
and then, Mavericks tells me that VoodooTSCSync.kext is not signed, and I should contatc the developper,
and, FakeSMC.kext won't load because something's wrong...

So, I restarted from the USB, and used the Terminal to copy VoodooTSCSync.kext and FakeSMC.kext, from my USB to S/L/E in Mavericks.

Restart from Chimera on Mavericks, and then tadaaaa!

(sorry for the quality)

View attachment 114308

I'm a bit lost... :banghead:

How are you adding VooDooTSC? From MultiBeast?

Start over - redo installation (make sure you're using boot flag nv_disable=1); before you start install, first launch Disk Utility & erase your old installation.
After install is complete, reboot again into installer, but launch Terminal & run script to copy patched kernel from USB to your internal HDD with new Mavericks install. Quit Terminal and quit Installer.
Reboot again from USB key but when you get Chameleon boot screen, press arrow keys to select your new Mavericks install - but before hitting ENTER, making sure to add boot flag nv_disable=1.
Once you complete the remaining setup steps for Mavericks, run MultiBeast. I think you have ASUS X99 motherboard - if so, use attached MB settings file.
After MB install, you may have to install NVIDIA drivers for your card (?). Finally go into org.chameleon.boot.plist & make edits:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1</string>

You should be good to go now.
View attachment ASUS X99Deluxe v1.6 iMac14,2+audio.mb

Thanks a lot BoomR for the step-by-step guide! :headbang:

I will try exactly as you said.

By the way, my MB is a GA-X99-UD4 bios F9c :)

If you have some advice about the Multibeast settings required :thumbup:

Cheers!

Mouahahahahahaha!!!

I'm so lucky! :lol::twisted::crazy::banghead:

IMG_3256.jpg

Ok...... I succeeded in booting on my fresh Mavericks using the bootloader of the Unibeast's USB Stick,

then I ran Multibeast for 10.9, choose:

Capture d’écran 2014-11-18 à 10.43.14.png
Install, then I've got this:

Capture d’écran 2014-11-18 à 10.47.52.png

and "FakeSMC.kext is not signed.....blabla"

I change my system language from French to English, ran again Multibeast, and choose to install only VoodooTSCSync and FakeSMC

VoodooTSCSync's still not recognize, but no more "FakeSMC.kext is not signed.....blabla" thing...:eek:

So it seems that FakeSMC is well installed, but what should I do for VoodooTSCSync, booting on the Unibeast's USB Stick, and use:

cp -R /Volumes/USB/Extra/Extensions/VoodooTSCSync.kext /Volumes/Mavericks/System/Library/Extensions/

???

My rig
GA-X99-UD4 rev.1 bios F9c
5960X @ Stock
32Go RAM
GTX285
500Go StataII 3,5" (mechanical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back