Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

If anyone wants to send me an i7-5960x to test on my Gigabyte X99 UD4, I'll do it!

Seriously, has anyone been successful with audio using Toleda's patch:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

And if you did, can you do a simple summary of the steps? My brain is exploding going through the instructions. I really don't need audio because of my BT speaker, but I am going to write a full guide for UD4 and this is the only thing not working now. I would not mind HDMI audio working though.

Thanks!

Hi lokicat,

see my reply here

FYI-

ASUS X99 BIOS Update :thumbup:

X99-DELUXE BIOS 1004
1. Update EC FW
2. Fix crash free issue
3. Fix Xonar card compatibility issue
4. Revise Thunderbolt memory resource
5. Enhance Xeon CPU compatibility
6. Rebuild SteamOS boot option

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99DELUXE/HelpDesk_Download/

Hi lokicat,

see my reply here

Thanks,

I get a "No codec found error". Here is what I attempted to do:

1) Extracted stock AppleHDA.kext from Unibeast and used kextbeast to install
2) Added RealtekALC.kext to my Clover 10.10 folder
3) Added kexts injections for both AppleHDA and AppleHDAController via Clover configurator. I assume one is to support x99 and the other is to support ALC1150.
4) Ran command script and get "No codec found error".

Here is what I attempted to do:
Step 1 does not result in a native, complete working AppleHDA.kext. Run the installer on the existing install.
Step 2 and 3 are done by the script, only the x99 patch is a manual edit to config.plist
Step 4, see No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA.

So far so good with my ASUS X99 Deluxe Installation (Using Clover)

My build:

ASUS X99 Deluxe Motherboard BIOS Ver. 1004 <-- THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Couldn't get into non USB Bootloader without it!

Intel Core i7 5930k CPU

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB GPU

Crucial DDR4 16GB 2133Mhz RAM

Current State:

Everything seems to be working just fine with my build EXCEPT: AUDIO and SLOW NETWORK

AUDIO:
OS X Yosemite has detected my built-in audio just fine. However, once the built-in audio output has been selected, ANY audio source will refuse to play, USB Audio work fine though. Any help with this is greatly appreciated! I'd love to use my speakers!

SLOW NETWORK: Network is working! However, The network connectivity, more specifically, upload speed, is much slower and Google in particular has been awfully slow. I think I remember seeing a post in here about slow network connectivity (Upload Speed) and how to fix it, but I did not have AppleIntelE1000e.kext in S/L/E or in /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.10. I'm about to install it and test the fix.

Other than those two things, everything works fine for me! I even personalized it and rebooted and all went well.

MY PROCEDURE:

Before I go onto this, I tried Chameleon/Chimera and it DID NOT WORK, some people are more fortunate than I was and managed to get it to work with Chameleon/Chimera, ASUS X99 Motherboards apparently doesn't like it. I managed to get into the OS X Install via Installer USB, however, and installed bootloader on the OS X Install drive would not boot, Got errors involving USB or something like that, I can't quite remember. I made the Unibeast USB and everything, and I did not want to remake a Clover USB so I did the following and it worked with flying colors:

1. Created Unibeast USB, Installed VoodooTSCSync.kext (6-core) to /Extra/Extensions/ on the Unibeast USB and patched the Kernel using this terminal code:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR]

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR]

2. Install as normal using Unibeast USB, booted using only: npci=0x2000. The rest of the flags are taken care of by the Unibeast USB.

3. Booted back into Unibeast USB and Back into OS X Installer, using the same flag: npci-0x2000

4. Copied the Kernel over to the OS X installation using this terminal code (Assuming "USB" is the name of your Installer and "Yosemite" is the name of your OS X install drive):

Code:
cp -R /Volumes/"USB"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/"Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/

5. Booted into Yosemite Install using the Unibeast USB. Finished OS X setup and everything.

6. Installed Clover using standard UEFI settings and copied over VoodooTSCSync.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 (Create the Folder "10.10" if it's not there, or put it in the "Other" folder, either way works.)

7. Added "npci=0x2000" and "kext-dev-mode=1" to config.plist

8. Used "Clover Configurator" () to set up SMBios for MacPro6,1 setting.

9. Rebooted into UEFI Clover (MAKE SURE TO DISABLE SECURE BOOT! Change "Windows UEFI" to "Other OS" in Secure Boot settings in BIOS.) and booted into OS X Yosemite, if you did everything correctly, should boot without a hitch.

If everything worked, congratulations! You now have a semi-working OS X Yosemite install on ASUS X99 Deluxe. I'm fairly certain that this procedure would work with a Clover installation USB instead of Unibeast USB, but I was lazy and I didn't want to remake the installation USB.

Good luck!

Step 1 does not result in a native, complete working AppleHDA.kext. Run the installer on the existing install.
Step 2 and 3 are done by the script, only the x99 patch is a manual edit to config.plist
Step 4, see No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA.

I appreciate all the hard work you put into this but I am out of my league on this. I can see Intel High Definition Audio under System Profile with and ID of "1", but when i try the command script, I get the "No Audio Codec Detected" message and the link you provided to troubleshoot this has me going to DSDT or SSDT, IORegistry and stuff which is way over my head. I barely got iMessage working and that was a lot of technical knowledge to absorb and my brain is full.

Sticking with my Bose Soundlink for now.

Followed CrusaderArt's instructions, still stuck at PCI Configuration Begin.

There is some special thing happening when using 5960x on the Asus boards...

Followed CrusaderArt's instructions, still stuck at PCI Configuration Begin.

There is some special thing happening when using 5960x on the Asus boards...

Is it the Install you can't get into? Or the Installer? It really is strange how this only seems to be effecting the 5960X on Asus boards.

In this case, since I followed your instructions, the installer.
But as you can see in my previous posts, I also have this error when booting a finished install.

Here is output after following your instructions to the letter:

af8IiW5.png

In this case, since I followed your instructions, the installer.
But as you can see in my previous posts, I also have this error when booting a finished install.

Hmm, might be something with your GPU, What Graphics Card do you have?

Back