Contribute
Register

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10

Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10.0

Booting the USB with Unibeast on got me stuck on PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN. -> did you try to put in boot option parameters npci=0x2000 ? or also cpus=1 ? and did you do : into the installer you need to patch the mach_kernel file to be able to boot on your X99 and Haswell-E processor. Run terminal and run those two commands which assumes that your installer USB is mounted into /Volumes/USB (this is for Maverick 10.9.5 installation)

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

Actualy forget it.
there is a issue to install yosemite with 5960x. we are few people (and me the first here) to have PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN.
Someone is working on it, we have to wait..

Actualy forget it.
there is a issue to install yosemite with 5960x. we are few people (and me the first here) to have PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN.
Someone is working on it, we have to wait..

Is it only the 5960x? I thought it was all Asus x99 boards?

Somebody with an asus post their dsdt, I want to see if I can get it working with that.

Somebody with an asus post their dsdt, I want to see if I can get it working with that.

I'm pretty sure,
every time there is a problem, it is always with a 5960x.
some people succeeded to install on asus Yosemite (with 5820k example) but never with the 5960x

i already shared my dsdt. if you want to check, thanks.
look --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-temporary-guide-os-x-10-9-4-10-9-5-a-38.html

I agree, I don't think it's a 5960X thing either, I think it's an Asus X99 thing. Folks with Gigabyte boards have got it working. There is a dev I know who claims he got Yose working on Asus X99, but is being secretive for the time being. Here is my DSDT, have at it. I can't get 10.10 working on my Asus, I've tried everything I can think of... Oh yeah, this is for an Asus X99 Deluxe with 5960X (duh).

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    184 KB · Views: 110

I agree, I don't think it's a 5960X thing either, I think it's an Asus X99 thing. Folks with Gigabyte boards have got it working. There is a dev I know who claims he got Yose working on Asus X99, but is being secretive for the time being. Here is my DSDT, have at it. I can't get 10.10 working on my Asus, I've tried everything I can think of... Oh yeah, this is for an Asus X99 Deluxe with 5960X (duh).

I think that DSDT is corrupted. i get an error when trying to open it with maciasl.
Code:
TableHeader length [0x3017C] greater than the input file size [0x2E000]
Could not get table from the file

How did you extract it?

Yeah I did copy the modded kernel of course.
I also tried cpus=1, 0...

I also dont think its a 5960 issue. The error, at least, sounds more like a motherboard problem.
Ive seen success by other Asus users and users of 5960x. But maybe the issue is BIOS oriented as well? I am using the latest BIOS for Asus X99-S. I think it is the same as for deluxe (X99-S is just deluxe without wifi)

I will try using Clover later tonight.
It would be great if more Asus users would share their story.

show me one config with a Gygabite Mb + 5960x they working

Jamie; this is my Dsdt: View attachment dsdt.aml

Always stuck "PCI Config blabla" with a new Asus Bios : 1004

Booting the USB with Unibeast on got me stuck on PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN. -> did you try to put in boot option parameters npci=0x2000 ? or also cpus=1 ? and did you do : into the installer you need to patch the mach_kernel file to be able to boot on your X99 and Haswell-E processor. Run terminal and run those two commands which assumes that your installer USB is mounted into /Volumes/USB (this is for Maverick 10.9.5 installation)

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

Do NOT (!) use the second kernel patch! Stinga11 posted this in another forum.

Do NOT (!) use the second kernel patch! Stinga11 posted this in another forum.

sorry I forgot that I'm not in the 10.9.5 but 10.10 yosemite. The patch was meant for 10.9.5. Ignore me then.

Back