Contribute
Register

Hanging on the Apple Logo Upon Installation - Compaq CQ62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I've discovered that my BIOS is actually Legacy, so trying to boot UEFI wasn't going to work from minute 1. I followed the guide extra closely multiple times, making sure the USB was MBR, Installing clover in Legacy, using base binaries and removing the AppleIntelHDFB kext or something like that.

I've been able to get into the installer multiple times (but not every time?)to correctly format the hard drive i'm using for installation, and actually install El Capitan. I've configured the boot order in BIOS to boot from the drive first so I know if it worked - which of course it doesn't. The only response I get from the boot is "b1f: init5" then it cuts to clover homepage.

What's interesting is that I can install and have installed the OS but can't boot from it. Any recommended boot arguments? I thought of installing in MBR mode but the installer doesn't allow it.

Which options did you use when you installed Clover to the HDD?

I Installed Clover 3389 on the USB, from a real Mac, with options "boot0af in MBR" checked, and bluemac themes checked.

I figured since I was using a USB I didn't need the HDD options, but it sounds like I should redo.

Also because I have Windows installed on a second drive i think I should have checked the "Install boot0ss in MBR" option instead.

I Installed Clover 3389 on the USB, from a real Mac, with options "boot0af in MBR" checked, and bluemac themes checked.

I figured since I was using a USB I didn't need the HDD options, but it sounds like I should redo.

Also because I have Windows installed on a second drive i think I should have checked the "Install boot0ss in MBR" option instead.

If you didn't install Clover to your HDD, you should not expect to be able to boot Clover from HDD.

The boot0ss vs. boot0af decision only involves the device to which you installed Clover.

AH so I took my USB and booted from it, and was trying to get the installer to put El Capitan onto a different hard drive inside - but thats not how it's supposed to work? Should I repeat the process for the drive that I'm actually intending on using OS on?

AH so I took my USB and booted from it, and was trying to get the installer to put El Capitan onto a different hard drive inside - but thats not how it's supposed to work? Should I repeat the process for the drive that I'm actually intending on using OS on?

I don't understand your question.

Process in a nutshell:
- create USB installer with Clover on it
- boot the OS X installer via Clover from USB
- install OS X to HDD
- boot Clover via USB in order to boot new install on HDD
- install Clover to HDD
- boot directly from HDD via Clover

Yeah ok, so first three points, got them down pat.

So you need to install clover on the harddrive? Can you please expand the last three points a little more? From looking at your summary I know I'm doing something wrong.

Yeah ok, so first three points, got them down pat.

So you need to install clover on the harddrive? Can you please expand the last three points a little more? From looking at your summary I know I'm doing something wrong.

You will need to boot Clover via USB until you install Clover to your HDD.

Your PC cannot boot OS X directly. It is not a Mac and does not have Mac firmware.

So just repeat the guides' steps for installing clover, except on the hard drive, and I should be good to go?

So just repeat the guides' steps for installing clover, except on the hard drive, and I should be good to go?

Pretty much. The differences are covered in the guide.

Do I partition the Disk the same as the USB? So I install the OSX in that partition and Clover in its respective partition? Sorry I just have been reading the guide wrong this whole time and am totally confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back