CQ62-358TU Mobo
CPU
i7-640M
Graphics
UMA Intel HD
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I'm about as new here as they come, and have been running into issues with installing El Capitan onto my 2nd hard drive on my Compaq CQ62-358TU. I've been upgrading my computer as a project and come to my final part which is installing OSX on the second hard drive replaced from the optical bay. My laptop is running the Intel i7 640M CPU with integrated HD graphics (ugh!).

Because I'm so new to this, I've followed the countless installation guides, but what's been addressed is that each hackintosh system has it's own set of problems, so the best way to fix them, is to learn amongst those who know what they're doing.

Everything works well, booting into Clover from the USB, but upon running the boot loader for the installation of El Capitan, the system freezes. Here is what it looks like booting into Verbose mode:

IMG_8121 (1).jpg

If someone could please help a brother out and decipher this for me I'd thoroughly appreciate it!.

Thanks, Ezra

Hey guys,

I'm about as new here as they come, and have been running into issues with installing El Capitan onto my 2nd hard drive on my Compaq CQ62-358TU. I've been upgrading my computer as a project and come to my final part which is installing OSX on the second hard drive replaced from the optical bay. My laptop is running the Intel i7 640M CPU with integrated HD graphics (ugh!).

Because I'm so new to this, I've followed the countless installation guides, but what's been addressed is that each hackintosh system has it's own set of problems, so the best way to fix them, is to learn amongst those who know what they're doing.

Everything works well, booting into Clover from the USB, but upon running the boot loader for the installation of El Capitan, the system freezes. Here is what it looks like booting into Verbose mode:

View attachment 179542

If someone could please help a brother out and decipher this for me I'd thoroughly appreciate it!.

Thanks, Ezra

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Alright, pretty much done EVERY. SINGLE. GUIDE there is on loading the installer (Normal guide, laptop guide, 1st Gen Intel Guide )- and have achieved no progress at all. Can someone please give me some background as to what FakeSMCKeyStore is? Why would the computer be failing to load it?

Do you think its just loading it really slowly so its just a matter of waiting? Or just a kernal panic?

So many questions, so much help needed.

I don't think it's a graphics problem, because following this guide's advice of removing IntelHDGraphicsFB.kext does nothing. Could there be something wrong with the BIOS?

Also, how have people managed to get their hackintoshes to work on the twin HP G62? They're practically the same machine right?

Thanks

I don't think it's a graphics problem, because following this guide's advice of removing IntelHDGraphicsFB.kext does nothing. Could there be something wrong with the BIOS?

Also, how have people managed to get their hackintoshes to work on the twin HP G62? They're practically the same machine right?

Thanks

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Alright, so I filled out every bit I could of my profile, but wasn't able to complete the build signature as it is missing my computers components.

I posted a photo of the boot in verbose higher up in the thread. I am trying to boot through using the Clover special edition for El Capitan as recommended in the Insanely Mac guide for 1st Generation Intel processors.

Alright, so I filled out every bit I could of my profile, but wasn't able to complete the build signature as it is missing my computers components.

Signature not needed with a single system. In any case, build signatures should not be used. You can enter signature lines as free form text.

You neglected to provide information on your bootloader, chipset, and screen resolution.

I posted a photo of the boot in verbose higher up in the thread. I am trying to boot through using the Clover special edition for El Capitan as recommended in the Insanely Mac guide for 1st Generation Intel processors.

Make sure you follow the guide... (eg. must use BaseBinaries.. must remove Intel graphics kexts).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Ok, chipset is HM55 express, booting clover special edition in UEFI, graphics resolution is 1366x768, hope that clears up everything.

What are base binaries? The only thing I remember tampering with was the kexts.

Ok, chipset is HM55 express, booting clover special edition in UEFI, graphics resolution is 1366x768, hope that clears up everything.

Please, in your profile as requested.

What are base binaries? The only thing I remember tampering with was the kexts.

Read the guide.

Ok I've discovered that my BIOS is actually Legacy, so trying to boot UEFI wasn't going to work from minute 1. I followed the guide extra closely multiple times, making sure the USB was MBR, Installing clover in Legacy, using base binaries and removing the AppleIntelHDFB kext or something like that.

I've been able to get into the installer multiple times (but not every time?)to correctly format the hard drive i'm using for installation, and actually install El Capitan. I've configured the boot order in BIOS to boot from the drive first so I know if it worked - which of course it doesn't. The only response I get from the boot is "b1f: init5" then it cuts to clover homepage.

What's interesting is that I can install and have installed the OS but can't boot from it. Any recommended boot arguments? I thought of installing in MBR mode but the installer doesn't allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back