Built a Mac with the following build:

i7 4770k
Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI
EVGA GTX 770
Kingston v300 240gb

Used Multibeast to install the proper Realtek driver

After discovering this problem, tried the following:

Installed VoodooHDA (since reverted)
Use Mbox USB audio interface instead of the onboard Realtek audio (still using this)
Installed the nVidia web driver
Updated BIOS to latest version F5
Built a DSDT from GA-H87N-WIFI, which is basically an identical board, from pjalm's patch repository

Problem:
Will not play audio or video consistently for any long duration without going silent or freezing the media.

Typical scenario

Boot up, launch Chrome, Start a Youtube video, Video loads and plays
a) After anywhere from 2-15 min then audio freezes yet video may or may not keep playing
b) Video playing, I launch Spotify, video freezes & music streaming unavailable

Same goes in reverse, (Spotify then Youtube)

At one point it seemed to be only streaming content, but once this happens all media on the computer is on lockdown. Quicktime movies or audio playback, finder media playback (spacebar), iTunes.

I tried to bypass the internal audio (incase that was the issue) by using an Mbox Mini to run all system audio and the same problem occurs.

Positives:
I can do anything and everything with no interruption flawlessly in Photoshop and Lightroom editing and retouching photos til the end of time with no issues either before or after I activate initiate problem. Not being able to listen to music while I work is a pain in the ass. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I'm still up a creek with this issue, any help would be great.

Did you ever solve this? I am having a similar issue. I play a video on YouTube and after exactly 15 seconds the sound starts to crackle, after a few more seconds of diminishing sound it disappears and the video freezes. I cannot play a saved video in any player without it doing the same, except for in QuickTime. Right now I cannot play any video in any browser, FF, Safari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back