Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys
I want to ask if someone was able to disable the internal Bluetooth adapter using the USBInjectAll.kext ?
I’ve looked in the manual here in the site and I can’t figure out how to do it and I think it’s above my level , so if someone was able to do it I will be more than happy to get his Kext so I can use it on my machine , this is last thing I need to do to have a stable working machine for my use.
Thanks

Read here (it is something you need to do anyway):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Simply exclude the port (from the SSDT) to which the BT controller is connected.

Finally, after 2 months of waiting my notebook is here! Problems for now: WiFi/BT (I guess BT wouldn't work even with adapter, because Key M doesn't have USB logical interface which is needed for BT), trackpad is awful (no palm rejection, "phantom finger",when you're not moving your finger fast enough it just stops) and I didn't got backlight (fixed by removing AppleBacklightInjector, I have no idea why it was needed as there is SSDT-PNLF). So, do we have a list of "verified" adapters which are 100% working? Trackpad is an issue that only @alex.daoud can fix, so the only things which is up to me is fixing WiFi and making that laptop not that creaky.
UPD: @RehabMan what can you say about our DSDT/SSDT/Kext config at all? Maybe there are some better methods to do something? USBInject by SSDT for example (already done that on my father's Swift 3, should be ez), or HWP implementation (CPUFriend.kext + DataProvider is already there, but maybe it can be injected via pure clover), I didn't look much on hackintosh hardware management but I just feel that setup is not clean enough. Also some questions about battery management: is it healthy that on console that things appers 2-3 times a second?
Code:
coreduetd    CDDBatteryMonitor:    received batterycallback, currentPercentage:90.010447!
powerd    Battery time remaining posted(0x200000000480140) Time:320 Source:Batt

Last edited:
Thanks. I looked at the adapter specs and it says it's 5mm high. I just opened my laptop and measured from the pcb to the top of the battery is almost exactly 5mm! I'll order this adapter and see what happens. In theory shouldn't any Broadcom E key work?
Hi @kingfoot, keep in mind that 5mm is the height of the adapter by itself (the red adapter you are looking at). Once you fit the Broadcom WiFi module on top of that it will end up more than 5mm high. I am guessing the total height will be more like 8mm.

If you look at the pictures of that red adapter, you can see it has a raised fixing point for you to screw the WiFi module down. This means the WiFi module will sit quite high, increasing the overall height slightly.

The adapter that i recommend in the guide (the green adapter) doesn't have any raised fixing point. (this is good and bad) This is good because the WiFi module sits lower, giving an overall lower profile. It is bad because you cant easily secure the module onto the adapter. I used electrical tape to secure it down. You could use some kind of glue for a neater solution. Ultimately that is not too much of a concern because once you put the cover back on it is held securely by the cover and is definitely not going to move.

I am not saying the red adapter definitely wont fit, but just want to warn you it might be problematic. Its hard to tell by the pictures, but i am wondering if that raised fixing point might be removable. You might have a better outcome if you can remove that fixing point, and just use glue or tape to secure the module.

I am not sure what you meant when you said "In theory shouldn't any Broadcom E key work?". Were you asking about Hackintosh support for Broadcom WiFi hardware? Based on what i have read, I think the compatibility varies. So its best to stick to a proven WiFi module. Also, we do not really know if the Xiaomi BIOS has a WiFi whitelist or not. All i can tell you for sure is that the BCM94352Z definitely works with Xiaomi BIOS version XMAKB5R0P0502, and i advise you to stick with that.

Last edited:
Thanks RehabMan
This is exactly the manual I tried and I can’t understand, this link is my homepage for the last 2 weeks and I guess it is above my skills, so I asked maybe someone else did it and can share with me his SSDT file.

If you have a question regarding that guide, you should ask in the guide thread.

Hi @kingfoot, keep in mind that 5mm is the height of the adapter by itself (the red adapter you are looking at). Once you fit the Broadcom WiFi module on top of that it will end up more than 5mm high. I am guessing the total height will be more like 8mm.

If you look at the pictures of that red adapter, you can see it has a raised fixing point for you to screw the WiFi module down. This means the WiFi module will sit quite high, increasing the overall height slightly.

The adapter that i recommend in the guide (the green adapter) doesn't have any raised fixing point. (this is good and bad) This is good because the WiFi module sits lower, giving an overall lower profile. It is bad because you cant easily secure the module onto the adapter. I used electrical tape to secure it down. You could use some kind of glue for a neater solution. Ultimately that is not too much of a concern because once you put the cover back on it is held securely by the cover and is definitely not going to move.

I am not saying the red adapter definitely wont fit, but just want to warn you it might be problematic. Its hard to tell by the pictures, but i am wondering if that raised fixing point might be removable. You might have a better outcome if you can remove that fixing point, and just use glue or tape to secure the module.

I am not sure what you meant when you said "In theory shouldn't any Broadcom E key work?". Were you asking about Hackintosh support for Broadcom WiFi hardware? Based on what i have read, I think the compatibility varies. So its best to stick to a proven WiFi module. Also, we do not really know if the Xiaomi BIOS has a WiFi whitelist or not. All i can tell you for sure is that the BCM94352Z definitely works with Xiaomi BIOS version XMAKB5R0P0502, and i advise you to stick with that.

Hmm ok. I'll not order that one then. Regardless, the adapter in your link is no longer available and I can't find any other similar one online. Really frustrating. I'll probably just settle for a small USB adapter just to get me onto wifi again. Tethering from my phone is a pain because I chewed through my 7gb tethering plan and got limited to 125kb/s which isn't even good enough for light browsing! Thanks for all the feedback, it's been helpful even if the shops haven't :p

Alright so this is weird. I got my system all setup and working great. I decided to do a reboot without changing anything (already rebooted many times with no issues) and suddenly there's no boot device found? Has anyone run into this?

Alright so this is weird. I got my system all setup and working great. I decided to do a reboot without changing anything (already rebooted many times with no issues) and suddenly there's no boot device found? Has anyone run into this?
Just happened today for the first time. After a reboot it found the disc, but it seems that it was hybernated. I got stucked at the login screen and I had to force the notebook to shutdown pressing the power button. After that everything was solved. It wasn’t a nice situation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back