Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just copy VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext

I grabbed this and I can't get the trackpad to work at all. I had to do a fresh install and after moving these in, refreshing the cache, and restarting, trackpad still doesn't work at all. Any thoughts? I've had to reinstall several times over the last few days (testing stuff) and every time I couldn't get trackpad to work at all.

I grabbed this and I can't get the trackpad to work at all. I had to do a fresh install and after moving these in, refreshing the cache, and restarting, trackpad still doesn't work at all. Any thoughts? I've had to reinstall several times over the last few days (testing stuff) and every time I couldn't get trackpad to work at all.
Try patch your dsdt again, maybe wrong somewhere ! My asus laptop need
  • I2C PATCH
  • Add Window10 Patch
  • Add GPIO Controller Enable
To get it work !

Try patch your dsdt again, maybe wrong somewhere ! My asus laptop need
  • I2C PATCH
  • Add Window10 Patch
  • Add GPIO Controller Enable
To get it work !

Patch my DSDT? Not sure what you mean. The instructions at the beginning didn't mention anything about that. Or rather, it mentions steps which are crossed out, indicating they're not necessary?

If you have some problem with scroll and double tap: check this https://github.com/tctien342/VoodooI2C/release and give me some review :3

Works perfectly for me, however compared to the kexts provided by daliansky a lot of native gestures are not working. I had a problem with daliansky's files where sometimes the trackpad would get stuck while using some gestures, and I had to re do the gesture to get it unstuck. I no longer have the problem with yours and I have what I need ; smooth tracking, smooth scrolling and right click with two finger tap :)

EDIT : After further testing, the double finger tap for right click is pretty bad, it workd 1/3 times and most of the time registers as a regular click, making it a nightmare when trying to right click url's on the internet.

Last edited:
My touchpad works, but it is still has some problems with its accuracy. Did you maybe change the kext files? And if yes, would it be possible to upload them here?

I totally forgot to upload the files. Sorry If I was so late, but anyway here they are. As I said, with the tap to click enable, apart from the palm problem, I feel the feedback pretty good.

Attachments

• touchpad_kexts.zip
    122.7 KB · Views: 152
Your VoodooI2C* are really great! May I use your kexts in github and send a pull request to daliansky? Sure I will put your name in the credit if you don't mind.

Mh, I copied all the 4 kext in the CLOVER/Kests/Other folder, but after a reboot the touchpad didn't respond at all. No movement, no click, no gestures. I'm on Mac 10.13.4 just for info. I'm wondering what I'm missing.

EDIT: Got it, I just needed the VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext. At the moment I feel more comfortable with my old kexts, gonna try it a bit more though to be sure it's not just an idea.

Last edited:
Hi guys
I did a mistake and delete the Bluetooth preferences pane in system and now I don’t have the Bluetooth icon and settings in preference.
Is there a way to get it back - I finely finished the process of disabling the internal Bluetooth and delete it by mistake.
Thanks

Hi guys
I did a mistake and delete the Bluetooth preferences pane in system and now I don’t have the Bluetooth icon and settings in preference.
Is there a way to get it back - I finely finished the process of disabling the internal Bluetooth and delete it by mistake.
Thanks
Hi. If you did what I told you in https://github.com/daliansky/XiaoMi-Pro/issues/24, it's normal that you don't have bluetooth icon since your device doesn't have bluetooth now. If you are using a BCM20702 bluetooth dongle, please read https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. If you want to use internal bluetooth, just reverse what you have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back