Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your VoodooI2C* are really great! May I use your kexts in github and send a pull request to daliansky? Sure I will put your name in the credit if you don't mind.
Yup, I can confirm that these kext for trackpad work much much better, at least double tap touch :) And zoom is working perfect in photoshop :)
Thank you for sharing it

Just installed following instructions on an external ssd. All works fine but only issue is speeds max out at 40 MB/s no matter what cable I use. I have considered putting in an extra internal ssd but I plan to use hackintosh to edit video off of an external ssd so I would still have issues.

It seems like I'm only getting usb 2 speeds. Anyone else have this issue?

Ugh. I'm sure I'm being extremely annoying here but I just can't figure this out. I cannot get the trackpad to work during installation or after installation. I've installed macOS dozens of times now and no matter what I do I can't get something right. Here's exactly what I'm doing:

USB creation:
  1. Setup macOS installer using official download from App Store (full installer) and Apple's official instructions
  2. Run clover setup from daliansky repo.
  3. Select USB drive as target
  4. Select Customize:
    Install for UEFI booting only
    Install Clover in the ESP
    Themes > Xiaomi
    Drivers64UEFI > HFSPlus, apfs, AptioMemoryFix
    Install RC scripts on target volume
  5. Select Install
  6. In EFI partition created, rename config_4-13.plist to config.plist
  7. Eject
Laptop (BIOS already setup for USB boot):
  1. Insert USB
  2. Boot into USB
  3. Select Install macOS option
  4. Installer loads, no touchpad -- plug in mouse
  5. Run through install
  6. Once at desktop -- run clover installer from dalainsky
  7. Select mac as target
  8. Customize -- matches the USB creation selections
  9. Install
  10. Run Clover Configurator
  11. Setup the SMBIOS info (macbook 14,1) and copied over the SmUUID generated from system
  12. Set ROM (generate from SMBIOS) in Rt Variables
Rebooting and everything is working fine _except_ the trackpad.

I went and found several Voodoo kexts in this thread and tried them all (I2C + HID kexts from each) and touchpad just never starts working even through reboot.

Ugh. I'm sure I'm being extremely annoying here but I just can't figure this out. I cannot get the trackpad to work during installation or after installation. I've installed macOS dozens of times now and no matter what I do I can't get something right. Here's exactly what I'm doing:

USB creation:
  1. Setup macOS installer using official download from App Store (full installer) and Apple's official instructions
  2. Run clover setup from daliansky repo.
  3. Select USB drive as target
  4. Select Customize:
    Install for UEFI booting only
    Install Clover in the ESP
    Themes > Xiaomi
    Drivers64UEFI > HFSPlus, apfs, AptioMemoryFix
    Install RC scripts on target volume
  5. Select Install
  6. In EFI partition created, rename config_4-13.plist to config.plist
  7. Eject
Laptop (BIOS already setup for USB boot):
  1. Insert USB
  2. Boot into USB
  3. Select Install macOS option
  4. Installer loads, no touchpad -- plug in mouse
  5. Run through install
  6. Once at desktop -- run clover installer from dalainsky
  7. Select mac as target
  8. Customize -- matches the USB creation selections
  9. Install
  10. Run Clover Configurator
  11. Setup the SMBIOS info (macbook 14,1) and copied over the SmUUID generated from system
  12. Set ROM (generate from SMBIOS) in Rt Variables
Rebooting and everything is working fine _except_ the trackpad.

I went and found several Voodoo kexts in this thread and tried them all (I2C + HID kexts from each) and touchpad just never starts working even through reboot.

Just use daliansky's EFI folder and copy it to your EFI partition. It's as simple as that, there is nothing else you need to do for the trackpad to work. You can try some forks of VoodooI2C if you want improved functionality, but it should work. Another thing you may want to check is the F9 key of your laptop, it stays active even in OSX and still has the functionality to disable the trackpad completely when you press it.

When you are done installing clover on your SSD EFI partition, copy the whole daliansky EFI folder and overwrite your own.
You will still be able to change serial numbers and stuff like that later through clover configurator.

If with all this you still can't get it to work, check that your trackpad is working at all in windows or on any live distro, then you may want to consider RMA if it's not working on other distros aswell.

Just use daliansky's EFI folder and copy it to your EFI partition. It's as simple as that, there is nothing else you need to do for the trackpad to work. You can try some forks of VoodooI2C if you want improved functionality, but it should work. Another thing you may want to check is the F9 key of your laptop, it stays active even in OSX and still has the functionality to disable the trackpad completely when you press it.

When you are done installing clover on your SSD EFI partition, copy the whole daliansky EFI folder and overwrite your own.
You will still be able to change serial numbers and stuff like that later through clover configurator.

If with all this you still can't get it to work, check that your trackpad is working at all in windows or on any live distro, then you may want to consider RMA if it's not working on other distros aswell.

I'll make the modification now and see if it works. But I can say 100% that the trackpad works and it's not an f9 problem.

Just to be clear, we're talking about overwrite, not merge?

I got it working! Thank you, this has been keeping me up at night.

So Now that it's working, I went ahead and partitioned out some space while in macOS and installed Windows 10 back onto the system via USB (not bootcamp). Everything is up and running the only problem is that Windows has taken over booting and unless I use my clover boot USB drive I can't access my Mac boot. Anyone have any idea how to get clover as my main bootloader again and also show windows/mac side by side? I tried re-installing clover to recreate the efi booting but that didn't do it. I can't find any options in clover configurator either. So close to having my system ready thanks to everyone who's helped so far!

...the only problem is that Windows has taken over booting and unless I use my clover boot USB drive I can't access my Mac boot. Anyone have any idea how to get clover as my main bootloader again and also show windows/mac side by side?

This is a quick way that should fix the problem.

Mount the EFI partition, if in Win 10 here is a guide:
https://argansos.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/access-efi-partition-on-windows-10.html

In the EFI folder you will see 4 folders:
  • APPLE
  • BOOT
  • CLOVER
  • Microsoft
Open the BOOT folder and copy the file "BOOTX64.efi" (you will need this later)

Go back and then open Microsoft > Boot. Find the file "bootmgfw.efi" and rename it "bootmgfw-orig.efi".
Then, paste "BOOTX64.efi" into the Microsoft Boot folder, and re name it "bootmgfw.efi"

I got it working! Thank you, this has been keeping me up at night.

So Now that it's working, I went ahead and partitioned out some space while in macOS and installed Windows 10 back onto the system via USB (not bootcamp). Everything is up and running the only problem is that Windows has taken over booting and unless I use my clover boot USB drive I can't access my Mac boot. Anyone have any idea how to get clover as my main bootloader again and also show windows/mac side by side? I tried re-installing clover to recreate the efi booting but that didn't do it. I can't find any options in clover configurator either. So close to having my system ready thanks to everyone who's helped so far!

Read post #2 (regarding use of efibootmgr in Linux) of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The method mentioned below is NOT a good method (it will need to be redone after any Windows update that touches/fixes bootmgfw.efi):
This is a quick way that should fix the problem.

Mount the EFI partition, if in Win 10 here is a guide:
https://argansos.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/access-efi-partition-on-windows-10.html

In the EFI folder you will see 4 folders:
  • APPLE
  • BOOT
  • CLOVER
  • Microsoft
Open the BOOT folder and copy the file "BOOTX64.efi" (you will need this later)

Go back and then open Microsoft > Boot. Find the file "bootmgfw.efi" and rename it "bootmgfw-orig.efi".
Then, paste "BOOTX64.efi" into the Microsoft Boot folder, and re name it "bootmgfw.efi"

Read post #2 (regarding use of efibootmgr in Linux) of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The method mentioned below is NOT a good method (it will need to be redone after any Windows update that touches/fixes bootmgfw.efi):

Thank you and thanks @Mikes85! I don't mind having to rename it every time it gets recreated. I have a functional dual boot system now! This is why I bought this machine and I'm so thankful! You're all the best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back