Contribute
Register

Guide: X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep (CPU Power Management)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide: Asus X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep

I did a Fresh install i didn't install the voodoosync kext it take an eternity to get to the installer extremely slow i didn't add the fakesmc plugins i used the chameleon and smbios honestly i'm about to give up i installed kext i remove kext still the same slow motion at this point i don't know anymore what's wrong and which configuration is good for multi-beast cause there is too many online for my motherboardi don't have any dsdt or ssdt it's the first time that i built and an hackintosh myself completely i have 2X3770K with mountain lion 10.8.5 with gigabyte motherbord everything it's perfect my friend put the adware and i installed mac os but this one from scratch to maverick it's me don't know if it's the motherboard or me who doesn't know how to do it i've attached some picture you can see Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 10.59.01 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-03-25 at 10.58.58 PM.jpg after 2 weeks too many coffe and red bull and no sleep.also i have a geekbench at 9863254 doesn't make any sense let me know what do you think i should do.thanks for your help

I did a Fresh install i didn't install the voodoosync kext it take an eternity to get to the installer extremely slow i didn't add the fakesmc plugins i used the chameleon and smbios honestly i'm about to give up i installed kext i remove kext still the same slow motion at this point i don't know anymore what's wrong and which configuration is good for multi-beast cause there is too many online for my motherboardi don't have any dsdt or ssdt it's the first time that i built and an hackintosh myself completely i have 2X3770K with mountain lion 10.8.5 with gigabyte motherbord everything it's perfect my friend put the adware and i installed mac os but this one from scratch to maverick it's me don't know if it's the motherboard or me who doesn't know how to do it i've attached some picture you can see View attachment 87763View attachment 87762 after 2 weeks too many coffe and red bull and no sleep.also i have a geekbench at 9863254 doesn't make any sense let me know what do you think i should do.thanks for your help

Try here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-i7-3930k-overclock-guide-advice-files-4.html

I did a Fresh install i didn't install the voodoosync kext it take an eternity to get to the installer extremely slow i didn't add the fakesmc plugins i used the chameleon and smbios honestly i'm about to give up i installed kext i remove kext still the same slow motion at this point i don't know anymore what's wrong and which configuration is good for multi-beast cause there is too many online for my motherboardi don't have any dsdt or ssdt it's the first time that i built and an hackintosh myself completely i have 2X3770K with mountain lion 10.8.5 with gigabyte motherbord everything it's perfect my friend put the adware and i installed mac os but this one from scratch to maverick it's me don't know if it's the motherboard or me who doesn't know how to do it i've attached some picture you can see after 2 weeks too many coffe and red bull and no sleep.also i have a geekbench at 9863254 doesn't make any sense let me know what do you think i should do.thanks for your help
Your CPU detection is wrong. Try updating your boot loader to the newest version of chameleon (not chimera) and download the smbios.plist_For_New_Chameleon.zip that I attached in the op and use that as you smbios.plist in /Extra. Replace the zeros in the serial number with digits 4-8 from your old smbios to keep your serial unique. Also try the org.chameleon_ForChameleonOnly.zip I posted. You can install chameleon right over the top of chimera as chimera is just MacMans branch of chameleon.

If that doesn't fix it, try updating fakesmc, hwsensors and hwmonitor using the hwsensors installer package (in the customize section, select everything). I am on ver 6.0.1148 (There is strange reporting behavior in later versions of the sensors).

And of course, Make sure your bios is set correctly. I don't know the bios for your board but you should try the settings in the guide that arehep mentioned.

Please report back. Other people are having this issue.

Thanks to all of you guys without your help i could never make it , i used another tools and now my hackintosh it's working well fast like hell, audio, usb3 without installing any additional kext i will OC soon but for now my geekbench show 19k pretty awesome gonna use the speedstep guide from here for my OC to 4.5. Thanks egain for all advices.

Thanks to all of you guys without your help i could never make it , i used another tools and now my hackintosh it's working well fast like hell, audio, usb3 without installing any additional kext i will OC soon but for now my geekbench show 19k pretty awesome gonna use the speedstep guide from here for my OC to 4.5. Thanks egain for all advices.
Did you try what I suggested and it didn't work? Or did you just go straight for a distro?

It was with chameleon not sure if it's the one that you was telling me but this one is good no need multibeast after that or any additional kext now i have to OC i'm not familiar with this board for the OC i want to do it at 4.5. I've did try to use chimera and bang slow egain so i reformat and there is a customize option before you install maveriks where there is chameleon boot and everything my audio work even sleep now it's time for overclocking!!!!!

It was with chameleon not sure if it's the one that you was telling me but this one is good no need multibeast after that or any additional kext now i have to OC i'm not familiar with this board for the OC i want to do it at 4.5. I've did try to use chimera and bang slow egain so i reformat and there is a customize option before you install maveriks where there is chameleon boot and everything my audio work even sleep now it's time for overclocking!!!!!
Whatever tool you're using has to be installing kexts or patching the oem ones otherwise audio would not work unless you're using an external USB audio device. I'm curious what you used but I know you probably can't say without getting suspended.

Here´s some info for my build
Asus P9X79/i73960X (oc 4,2 Ghz)
About this Mac.png
AICPUPMI.png
HW Monitor 1.png
HW Monitor 2.png
Geekbench.png
:)

This is awesome, thank you to all who compiled and made this available!

Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 7.43.21 PM.pngThis is what I am getting as far as states but it is way better than without the modifications, the processor actually functions as it should! :headbang:

Intel has a nice little tool it is called the Intel Power Gadget.

It can be downloaded here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget-20

This is awesome, thank you to all who compiled and made this available!

View attachment 88355This is what I am getting as far as states but it is way better than without the modifications, the processor actually functions as it should! :headbang:

Intel has a nice little tool it is called the Intel Power Gadget.

It can be downloaded here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget-20
Something´s wrong !!!
You should be getting more P-states than just 12 and 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back