Contribute
Register

Guide: X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep (CPU Power Management)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide: Asus X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep

use this in the smbios instead
<key>SMoemcputype</key>
<string>2561</string>

Thanks Farcry84

Now

3,3 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

:thumbup:

Had a 4930k working great but had to RMA the motherboard. If you're going to over clock, I'd recommend a Rapage 4 extreme.

If you don't want to hack, buy a mac.

glad to hear you got it working! but for me its more of a cost thing, my build right now is about $2100 but a similar speced Mac would cost me around $3000 or more!

glad to hear you got it working! but for me its more of a cost thing, my build right now is about $2100 but a similar speced Mac would cost me around $3000 or more!
Overclock a 3930k or a 4930k to 4.4 or 4.5GHz and you're gonna get CPU performance like an 8 core Mac Pro so the benefits are quite a bit better than that. How could that not be worth it?

Plus all the real work has been done (thanks to PikerAlpha, stinga11 and omni). All you need to do is closely follow the steps.

Hi Shilohh,

i have the asus sabertooth x79 and intel 4930k nothings work i was able to install maverick 10.9.2 i don't know if i did it well but the computer it's slow really 5 minutes to boot and open an application more than 35 second like 1975 computer i installed voodoosync kext from multibeast my system show mac pro 6.1 i can see 6 core/ 12 thread in activity monitor but i don't think that i'm using 6 core at all i reinstalled etain the same thing don't know if i have to send back the motherboard or the cpu and my graphic card is the evga 650gtx 1G don't know either if my biosseeting it's ok please any help would be helpfull i just built the computer i spended hours and hours can't sleep no solution need and expert help thanks.

Hi Shilohh,

i have the asus sabertooth x79 and intel 4930k nothings work i was able to install maverick 10.9.2 i don't know if i did it well but the computer it's slow really 5 minutes to boot and open an application more than 35 second like 1975 computer i installed voodoosync kext from multibeast my system show mac pro 6.1 i can see 6 core/ 12 thread in activity monitor but i don't think that i'm using 6 core at all i reinstalled etain the same thing don't know if i have to send back the motherboard or the cpu and my graphic card is the evga 650gtx 1G don't know either if my biosseeting it's ok please any help would be helpfull i just built the computer i spended hours and hours can't sleep no solution need and expert help thanks.
Not sure about your gpu? A good way to see if hardware malfunction is the problem, is to see if everything works right in windows.

AFIK you shouldn't need cpus=1 or VoodooTSCSync.kext with the newest bios but I haven't played with the sabertooth. Try this: delete VoodooTSCSync and DSDT.aml(if you are using one), update the bios to the newest version. Do a cmos reset and load optimed defaults for the bios and make sure Vt-d is disabled. Enable C1E and all CStates and set other setting that are required for your hardware (Not XMP for now). Update to the newest version of chameleon (not chimera) and use this org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist in /Extra.

Thanks for reply i appreciated that i have the the bios 4608 that came with i didn't change anything and i didn't install windows i don't even have it never use it lol i'm at work gonna remove the voodoosync soon as i get home and all the c1 and others on the bios are enable in the bios. I will let you know.

Thanks for reply i appreciated that i have the the bios 4608 that came with i didn't change anything and i didn't install windows i don't even have it never use it lol i'm at work gonna remove the voodoosync soon as i get home and all the c1 and others on the bios are enable in the bios. I will let you know.
I don't use winblows for anything except updating firmware and extended stability testing but I'd recommend installing win 7 or 8 just to see if your hardware functions properly before trying to send it back or spending long periods of time trying to troubleshoot OS X.

After deleting VoodooTSC make sure you Terminal:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

4608 is the newest so no need to update but if you still have issues, you should try loading optimized defaults and running without XMP (If you have a profile enabled). Also disconnect all unnecessary USB devices to see if that has an effect.

Overclock a 3930k or a 4930k to 4.4 or 4.5GHz and you're gonna get CPU performance like an 8 core Mac Pro so the benefits are quite a bit better than that. How could that not be worth it?

Plus all the real work has been done (thanks to PikerAlpha, stinga11 and omni). All you need to do is closely follow the steps.

yea thats what I'm hoping for! But ill take a crack at it, yea thats why I'm loving this site everything is fairly easy, but i do expect to be posting a lot in the next week when my parts finally get in

yea thats what I'm hoping for! But ill take a crack at it, yea thats why I'm loving this site everything is fairly easy, but i do expect to be posting a lot in the next week when my parts finally get in
You should have good luck following mk500s build or if you can find a build guide that matches your board.

Hint you guys who've got that board running, post a guide:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back