Contribute
Register

Guide: Unofficial ProBook Installer v5b2 + Video for how to use

Did you manage to install Mountain Lion using this tutorial?

• Yes, thank you.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No, I still have problems.

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do exactly as you do, drag the installer into Terminal hit Enter & then i get:
WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss or the deletion of important systerm files. Please double-check your typing when using sudo.
To proceed, enter your password, or CTRL-C to abort.

When i try to type my password it will not let me...

Don't worry, type in your password. It will not appear for security reasons, after finish typing press enter

I appreciate the installer, first problem that I had was that I was typing +s as that is what I thought I heard and I was getting a kernel panic but I assume it was due to the wrong command I was typing, I'll give it another go.

And thank you it is appreciated

I appreciate the installer, first problem that I had was that I was typing +s as that is what I thought I heard and I was getting a kernel panic but I assume it was due to the wrong command I was typing, I'll give it another go.

And thank you it is appreciated
I have already pointed out that you should see the credits appear after the installer run

Don't worry, type in your password. It will not appear for security reasons, after finish typing press enter

THANK YOU thank you thank you! ML is up & running!

The AHCI patch is included in the installer BTW :p

reran the installer, had to use usb keyboard and mouse. During the install I was asked to identify my kb. Repaired perm in S/L/E with kextwizard, rebooted and still no kb&trackpad.

Kernel Panic P-step error or something the like Kernel extensions in backtrace. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement IOPlatformPluginLegacy etc etc

I will move on and try another method of installation but thank you.

Not as a criticism but for noobs it can get confusing with the terminal commands. In post #6 you said: It's "-x" and in post #28 you said: Sudo chmod +x One must assume that the - or + do the same thing?

Kernel Panic P-step error or something the like Kernel extensions in backtrace. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement IOPlatformPluginLegacy etc etc

I will move on and try another method of installation but thank you.

Not as a criticism but for noobs it can get confusing with the terminal commands. In post #6 you said: It's "-x" and in post #28 you said: Sudo chmod +x One must assume that the - or + do the same thing?
Can be fixed simply by booting with "-x -v -f" and delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from /S/L/E! And the command is "sudo chmod +x -DRAG FILE HERE" but I said earlier -x because they asked me is it a "-s"? That's why I only answered its a -x. Let me know what happens.

reran the installer, had to use usb keyboard and mouse. During the install I was asked to identify my kb. Repaired perm in S/L/E with kextwizard, rebooted and still no kb&trackpad.

You should also rebuild cache with Kext wizard not only repair permission, keep me updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back