Contribute
Register

Guide: Unofficial ProBook Installer v5b2 + Video for how to use

Did you manage to install Mountain Lion using this tutorial?

• Yes, thank you.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No, I still have problems.

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, some time ago I tried to downgrade from F20 to older (I heard that older BIOS is quieter) and it didn't allow me to do it ("your bios is newer") but maybe that changed it in F20

You should downgrade to F20 bios, that's what I recommend. + show me a picture of the kernel panic you get

F27 cannot downgrade to previous bios

any way we can the text that you are typing in Terminal? I got 'sudo' but after that I am unclear...

any way we can the text that you are typing in Terminal? I got 'sudo' but after that I am unclear...
Sudo chmod +x -Drag file here-
Anyway, I'm pretty sad about the poll stats, I've worked on this installer to make things easier, and people rate with bad stats even without explaining what issues they do have.

How did you created patched AppleHDA? Is it rollback from older version, copied from older probook installer or binpatch to applehda from ML?

It's from the pack UI have posted earlier.

First Off Thanks Need help with airplay mirroring

Sudo chmod +x -Drag file here-
Anyway, I'm pretty sad about the poll stats, I've worked on this installer to make things easier, and people rate with bad stats even without explaining what issues they do have.

I didnt use this installer yet, but your other guides were invaluable. For all the moaners, c'mon if you want simple and easy walk into an apple store. That being said, this is a cakewalk compared to other hackintosh installs eh hm. customacs of the past.

iOSBeast took the time to compile an installer, and make a video. Let's give him some cred. Another mac user helping out all of us, not unlike blueking. Remember him, the guy that helped (along with Tony) get this whole probook scene off the ground.

The bare minimum you can do is say thanks. If it is not working for you, as with everything BE SPECIFIC. We will all try to get your pro book going.
Please can someone who has airplay mirroring working tell me what I might be missing? Thanks
Here is my SPECIFICS
I made sure I have wifi, ethernet all working. ATV 2nd gen is on and connected to my network. Any suggestions?
I have Probook 4430s i5 2410 sys profile info below. I did the air parrot thing, but airplay mirroring is the biggest reason I purchased ML. Thanks in advance for the help.
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.29 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B0E
SMC Version (system): 1.30f3
Serial Number (system): C02JQK7WDH2G
Hardware UUID: 8214C63F-55BF-579C-8A76-4F3F43919996

Upgraded from Lion 10.7.4 worked

I did an upgrade from Lion 10.7.4 tried the version 4 installer and it failed everytime. I used this installer and once I actually followed the video instructions lol it worked great.

All my attempts to install ML end in keyboard & trackpad not working. Everything else seems ok. I have a working Lion install on the same drive, and the kb&trackpad works when installing ML.

Using Uni1.5.1. on a 4530s i3-2310m hd3000 6GB Bios: F0A.

Sorry, I don't have any device that I can mirror with so I won't be able to help with this. About the KB and trackpad. Run the installer again and use next wizard to rebuild cache, and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back