Contribute
Register

Guide: Unofficial ProBook Installer v5b2 + Video for how to use

Did you manage to install Mountain Lion using this tutorial?

• Yes, thank you.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No, I still have problems.

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say thanks iOSBeast. Your installer got my Probook 4430s up and running with the first try. It looks like everything is working except for logging into iMessage, iTunes, and the App Store. My BIOS Revision is F.28 so I just picked the F.20 from the DSDT folder. Guess I should try downgrading my BIOS to the F.20 Revision. Maybe that will fix the issue. Anybody else have iMessage working on this build?

Thank You! After installing the Kexts with your Installer twice, everything is working smooth and correctly!

This is awesome dude but I'm wondering whether you could advise me on a few things.

I have a bit of a wired setup. I've managed to install Lion and upgrade to Mountain Lion on a USB hard drive 120GB. On the internal drive i have windows 8, USB Mountain Lion :D :p

OK so, everything looks good, although the wireless button activates the brightness button but still enables and disables wireless. This change sometimes after reboot to opening messenger or face time :)

My real issue is this, for some reason the iphone isn't recognised by Xcode, itunes, photoviewer etc. When we delete the Apple Mobile Kext we get a connecting indication from the iphone but no device in Xcode etc.

The only difference between another hackintosh toshiba Equium L300 and this probook 4530s is the fact that we are booting and running via usb..

Other USB devices seem to work, USB dongle for wireless mouse, USB pen drives, USB keyboards etc...

After install of ML, something happened to the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext as the size of the Kext was 405kb which cause a panic just after logging into the OS, after showing the desktop. To resolve this I grabbed the Kext from the first hackintosh and now ML is stable.

Somehow lost touchpad but mouse still works.

My main concern is iphone for development, any advice would be appreciated

Best regards

muwookie

I have same problem as leblond and smobydick
I also tried tegezees installer no joy there either

The issue seems to be the Chimera boot up using hard disk selection from installer

I have tried various bios f.20 f.23 f.27

HD is only 500gb

pretty standard 4530s

can anyone shed some light on this

OH one more thing it is the latest ML 10.8.2

any help greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back