Contribute
Register

Guide: Unofficial ProBook Installer v5b2 + Video for how to use

Did you manage to install Mountain Lion using this tutorial?

• Yes, thank you.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No, I still have problems.

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
is this the first command?Sudo chmod -x /Users/takis/Desktop/ProBook_Installer_5b2/installerand the second?sudo /Users/takis/Desktop/ProBook_Installer_5b2/installer
Preferences§1234567890-=BackspaceTabqwertyuiop[]Returncapslockasdfghjkl;'\shift`zxcvbnm,./shiftEnglishDeutschEspañolFrançaisItalianoPortuguêsРусскийalt altPreferencesYup, have any problems?

Yup, have any problems?
at the first command sometimes it asks for the password and after that it doesnt do anything and the second command it says that specific folder not found

the first command is working but you don't see what it did, and for the second command you should put the folder on your desktop and don't rename it
i paste the unziped folder to desktop i select what dsdt and ssdt i need but then i cant find the folder
and when i double click the installer the script runs but after the reboot i cant do anything everything gets stuck

i ave done that already it is always on the desktop

ProBook_Installer_5b2

can you show me a picture of the error you get? be more specific

As I see some people have got problems with terminal, so I prepared textual description of that:

1. Install ML using Unibeast (it is just like Snow Leopard or Lion).

2. When ML is installed, keep USB with installer, when bootloader appears press TAB, with arrows choose your new partition with installed OS X and write -x -v, then press enter.

3. Now open folder Probook_installer_5b2

4. Open folder "DSDTs" and find your model. If there isn't exactly your model, try nearest one, but we can't say it will work 100%. Copy file dsdt.aml from your model and paste it into folder DSDT_Install. (NOT copy folder e. g. "BIOS_revision_F20_intel", copy file INSIDE that folder)

5. Open folder "SSDTs" and choose your CPU, copy file ssdt.aml from your model folder into folder "SSDT_Install" (NOT copy folder e. g. "i3_2310m", copy file INSIDE that folder)

6. Now open folder "DEFs" and choose your smbios (as far as I know if you have got only intel GPU choose 8.1, otherwise choose 8.2 or 8.3, afterall I think each should work correctly), copy file smbios.plist into folder "DEF_install"

7. Now run terminal (spotlight -> terminal) and type:
sudo chmod +x
DRAG AND DROP "installer" file into terminal
Press enter and type your password. You won't see it, but don't worry, just write and confirm with enter.

8. Last step Type:
sudo
DRAG AND DROP "installer" file into terminal (yup, again)
press enter. Here you are It will do everything for you, at the end it will run chimera installer. Just next, next and next

Google +1

Thank you ^^

It's awesome thanks :)
Just installed a fresh install so far so good...
Will let you know if something...
Take care...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back