Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Which dependencies?

All network interfaces should be removed first in SysPrefs->Network. And you must press "Apply" to commit the changes (this is a common source of failure). Then the files should be removed (I find NetworkInterfaces.plist is enough). Then reboot. Then add the network interfaces, being certain to add Ethernet first.

It is correct for your configuration in your profile.

Make sure you try different USB ports and different USB sticks.

Boot verbose and show photo of where it stops...

Try also plugging in an HDMI monitor.
Ok i tried it with a clean install on a new USB Drive, now it works with the hdmi monitor. Thank you very much!!!

Hi Rehabman,

I have booted into ubuntu to find some hardware information about my bt hardware but I couldn't find anything.

Is there any tool on linux/mac that can give me that info.

Thank you.

I assume you have a 4530s. In that case you likely have AR3011 BT as part of an AR5B195 WiFi combo card (AR9285+AR3011).

See here for IOath3kfrmwr.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

Please, in the future, use quoted replies.

Install Windows UEFI as dual boot

Install Windows UEFI (and other UEFI OSes) are quite easy because you don't need to mess up with Boot records. See FAQ for more detail.

**To Install Windows 7 UEFI on 7-series laptops, you must select UEFI hybrid (with CSM) in BIOS.

1. Create your Windows UEFI install USB key by following the guide here:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

2. Use Disk Utility or GParted to create a partition with Mac OS X Extended format on hard drive for Windows. This will prevent OS X from convert your drive to GPT/Hybrid MBR.

3. Restart and press F9 to choose Boot devices > Boot from EFI file > choose your Windows Install USB key > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi

4. Use Windows installer to remove the partition you prepared, and create new partition for installation. Complete install and now you will boot to Windows by default, Clover disappears.

5. Restart and press F9 to choose Boot devices > Boot from EFI file > choose your EFI partition (which contains Clover bootloader) > EFI > Clover > CLOVERX64.efi

6. You can now see Clover bootloader with new entry "Boot Microsoft UEFI Menu from EFI".

7. Boot to OS X and use Clover Configurator to mount EFI partition of your Windows UEFI drive (in case you have installed Windows to second drive, select disk1s1). Go to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

8. Restart.

9. If you can only boot to Windows after updating Windows, then rename new bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig again.

**Note: If you installed Windows 7 UEFI, you should install latest Service Pack before installling HD3000 update***

I've Followed these steps a few times, and I always end on the windows boot manager screen error. But if I reboot hit F9 and select Boot from EFI file > hard Drive with Windows Installed > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi windows boots fine.

I have windows 7 installed onto a second hard drive. I can't seem to see what's going on here!!

Clover doesn't like me!! :(

I've Followed these steps a few times, and I always end on the windows boot manager screen error. But if I reboot hit F9 and select Boot from EFI file > hard Drive with Windows Installed > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi windows boots fine.

I have windows 7 installed onto a second hard drive. I can't seem to see what's going on here!!

Clover doesn't like me!! :(

When do you see the "windows boot manager...error"? After Clover or before?

Back