Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Improperly installed and it will not be loaded. I searched for that and the people are reporting the new feature in Yosemite that is preventing unsigned kext to load.

That indicates you didn't install it with a kext installer and the permissions are incorrect. It has nothing to do with signed/unsigned.

In step 2b do i copy whole folder packages or only its content

That question plagued me for a couple of tries. It's the whole folder.

You'll notice that when you go to delete the alias as the guide says that it is a folder alias, it's looking for a folder to go into.

Last edited:
That indicates you didn't install it with a kext installer and the permissions are incorrect. It has nothing to do with signed/unsigned.

Kextwizard worked fine.

Thanks Nguyen and Rehabman for your efforts in maintaining the community.

Ok so I am still having trouble getting the OSX installer started. When I start clover the apple logo comes up on my laptop and the status bar begins. At about the 1/4 of the way mark on the status bar my laptop screen flickers and turns black and then my external monitor that is plugged in via HDMI turns white. I am able to see my mouse and it changes to a rainbow colored beach ball then back to a black mouse a couple of times then the external monitor turns to a dark colored screen and I can still see my mouse but nothing else happens.

Heres what I have done so far to try and fix this.

1) use different USB ports on laptop - nothing changes
2) use different flash drives - nothing changes
3)Edited config.plist file and removed everything corresponding to "hda-gfx" and "AAPL,os-info from config.plist/devices/addproperties - nothing changes
4) Created my OSX installer portion on my USB with unibeast - nothing changes
5) In clover options > Graphics > i selected Inject intel - nothing changes
6) I used clover old.zip and created a new USB using the edited config.plist and also an unedited config.plist - nothing changes.

Please any other suggestions.

when i close lid it doesn't go to sleep, i have Bad BT(ar9285) but i've found in S/L/EXT NoSleep kext could be the reason? some help please:(

Remove it and find out.

Ok so I am still having trouble getting the OSX installer started. When I start clover the apple logo comes up on my laptop and the status bar begins. At about the 1/4 of the way mark on the status bar my laptop screen flickers and turns black and then my external monitor that is plugged in via HDMI turns white. I am able to see my mouse and it changes to a rainbow colored beach ball then back to a black mouse a couple of times then the external monitor turns to a dark colored screen and I can still see my mouse but nothing else happens.

3)Edited config.plist file and removed everything corresponding to "hda-gfx" and "AAPL,os-info from config.plist/devices/addproperties - nothing changes
6) I used clover old.zip and created a new USB using the edited config.plist and also an unedited config.plist - nothing changes.

Post your config.plist.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

So you have to use the last resort:
- Go to /S/L/E in usb, remove AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, then boot from your usb without cache and install. If you have black screen when booting to your HDD after install, go to terminal and copy those kexts from HDD to another place, then delete them from /S/L/E.

Post your config.plist.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Here is my config.plist file View attachment config.plist

Back