Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Thanks.

BTW: Do you have any idea regarding the serial port / bluetooth docking issue?

No idea. I have no hardware with serial ports... and don't use BT.

Nothing needs to be "fixed" in Clover.

If you're not sure on that, you can use this general procedure:
(note: I didn't do it this way...)
- remove existing /EFI/Microsoft directory on EFI partition
- install Win8 (following the normal guide in post #1)
- make a new (small) FAT32 partition (do this in Windows)
- *move* the /EFI/Microsoft files created by installing Win8 to the new partition
- now you have no /EFI/Microsoft at the real EFI partition
- install Win7

Now you can boot both directly via Clover.

I'll give it a try. I figured (from the procedure) I have to re-run the two Windows in order to get it right.
Thank you very much.

I have no idea if this happened with any of you, but even though I do press the f4 after the first reboot, I still get the error message with the pro-book installer (that I didn't press f4). Yes I have double checked my DSDT choices for the 4530s.

Another thing is that.. I don't get a config.plist installed to the Efi/clover folder on the partition, why?!!!

I can't get the sound no matter how much I rebuild the kexts using the kext wizard.

:confused:
View attachment hp 4530s.ioreg

Excuse me, i don't understand how to apply trim enabler patch.

In system info --> SAS/SATA -> "trim support is yes" and i use chamaleon ssd to enable trim .

Do I have to patch or can i skip this patch?

Excuse me, i don't understand how to apply trim enabler patch.

In system info --> SAS/SATA -> "trim support is yes" and i use chamaleon ssd to enable trim .

Do I have to patch or can i skip this patch?

TRIM patch is set automatically in config.plist if you follow the Clover guide in post #1.

I have no idea if this happened with any of you, but even though I do press the f4 after the first reboot, I still get the error message with the pro-book installer (that I didn't press f4). Yes I have double checked my DSDT choices for the 4530s.

Another thing is that.. I don't get a config.plist installed to the Efi/clover folder on the partition, why?!!!

I can't get the sound no matter how much I rebuild the kexts using the kext wizard.

:confused:
View attachment 113214

The ioreg shows your DSDT is patched and Clover is loading a config.plist...

From your bootlog:

Code:
0:131  0:028  Using OEM config.plist at path: EFI\CLOVER\config.plist
0:132  0:000  EFI\CLOVER\config.plist loaded: Success
7:997  0:000  DSDT found in Clover volume OEM folder: EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched\DSDT.aml

I'm getting lots and lots of [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport]xxx errors in the log, and since I don't use bluetooth at all - which pins should I tape in order to disable bluetooth completely? I've got the AR5B195 card.

Thank you soo much! Excellent work!
windows 7 and yosemite running flawlessly on 4530s

Back