Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi everyone. I'm a new member. I have installed Yosemite on my HP Probook 4530s core i5 with Intel HD3000, 8gbRAM. After installed new version of PBI 6.2.13, everything work fine but my sound. Please help me to fix this problems. Thanks to much !
Edit: I repaired permission and rebuild kext then restart. It's works perfectly. Thanks to much. Your PBI is so wonderful :) !

Hi everyone. I'm a new member. I have installed Yosemite on my HP Probook 4530s core i5 with Intel HD3000, 8gbRAM. After installed new version of PBI 6.2.13, everything work fine but my sound. Please help me to fix this problems. Thanks to much !

Read #1 carefully.

I am so thankful! This install guide was near spot on for a Zbook! So far I have found three problems.

1. Fan is on high at boot. I did however find that if I put the book in sleep and then wake, it winds down.
2. I cannot login to iMessage. I can login to iCloud, but iMessage gives the typical message.
3. Photo Booth does not work, but FaceTime activates camera (but cannot login).

Post in the laptop forum. This forum is specific to ProBook/EliteBook.

I wonder if my 8570p has hit the wall with OS X.

With Mavericks on 8570p Clover installer USB did not work with Generate C and PStates "Yes", "Yes" fails to boot with -xcpm or any other combination i've tried. After the install "-xcpm" was needed after DSDT is in use. It always crashed with something to do with CPU Pstates. #1999

Now with Yosemite I did a new USB, used PBI files, config.plist was "6x70-8x70 with AMD". After I selected install OSX from Clover, I saw the black screen with Apple logo and progress bar below it, progress bar went about 30% and then it always crashes with same CPU problems I think.

I tried with generate P and C states set as yes, but no luck. Also tried to add "-xcpm" but did not have any effect.

This had some info about what causes the problems with 8570p PM #1924

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Here's my Clover files

View attachment 112843

You don't have a patched DSDT, nor a generated SSDT in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

I would not expect it to work...

I do not understand how to load the usb clover already installed system? Chameleon with everything just happened. have a section with osx and loaded.

yosemite set with clover. how to start the already installed OCX via usb? in case of recovery.

Use the USB you created in step #1.

Post in the laptop forum. This forum is specific to ProBook/EliteBook.

My apologies, but I thought I had read somewhere that the zbook was the next generation elitebook? I will start a new thread.

My apologies, but I thought I had read somewhere that the zbook was the next generation elitebook? I will start a new thread.

No idea, as I'm not tracking HP product development.

Post #1 lists the supported laptops and zBook is not one of them.

Back