Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

What effects will this have on my system? I have Win7 Enterprise.

Win7 requires CSM to boot.

Also no idea if on your system you can even disable CSM as your profile does not contain info on a laptop at all...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

great I have Hp notebook 15 and I used your Guide every thinks work perfectly with me .. only NVidia Graphic card not work I have 820M only Intell HD 4000 work

any Solutions for NVidia ??

Thanks

- i choose clover uefi / osx supkexts 6x60p-8x60p (i have hp 2560p)

2560p does not match 6x60p or 8x60p, theres your problem..

I suggest updating your profile with your full system specs, see one of rehab mans recent posts for all the info required, it will help you fix your problems if the info is all there in each post for people to see :)

quoted from RM..

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

It is not demonstrated by the files you uploaded.

You are right, it is not demonstrated. But, to demonstrate all I said, I have to upload more than 3 o 4 different EFI folders, I said that I've tried lot of different combinations and no success. Here you are the EFI with the SSDT and config.plist without injected intel graphics.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 110
14. Restart and enjoy! If you don't have sound, use Kext Wizard to repair permission, rebuild cache and restart many times until it work.

Might be worth pointing out for some people (read: people like me) that the volume slider in the dock is doesn't reenable when the audio comes back. I was just restarting over and over because I didn't have the the volume icon.

PS: Anyone got hotkeys working?

You are right, it is not demonstrated. But, to demonstrate all I said, I have to upload more than 3 o 4 different EFI folders, I said that I've tried lot of different combinations and no success. Here you are the EFI with the SSDT and config.plist without injected intel graphics.

I looked at that EFI config. It is how I was able to boot the installer.

Be patient. It is not quick.

Not only storage ... try with a usb mouse .. same effect.
Because i always use a usb mouse, at home, i keep it plugged in usb3: when i need to connect an usb3 storage i move mouse to usb2.

There may be issues with the USB kext (Zenith432 has stated he has no time for it). You should post ioreg for verification that you have the correct driver installed. I don't have USB3 on my 4530s (a blessing really), but I did do some testing of this kext on my desktop (also NEC Renasas).

2560p does not match 6x60p or 8x60p, theres your problem..

I suggest updating your profile with your full system specs, see one of rehab mans recent posts for all the info required, it will help you fix your problems if the info is all there in each post for people to see :)

quoted from RM..

Thank you very much rob1980 & rehabman for all your help.

Back