Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

do i need to enable dropoem,pstates and ctates in config.plist or leave it uncheck?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Alright, so I rehooked up my laptop to my HDMI monitor (24 inch 1920x1080) and tried the dart=0 parameter as well as changed the ssdt.aml to the other one which was dualLink for larger screens and now it seems to get past the indefinite loop and now shows a gray screen, no cursor or anything though. a smooth Gray screen on my hdmi monitor while my laptop screen (1366x768) shows lines of gray or something.

At least we made progress so that's good :), thanks, but now I'm not sure how to fix this issue. hmm

Update: If I were to use the original ssdt (not the dual link), then instead of the gray screen on my laptop, it shows a small white rectangle at the top left of the black sceen

It is best not to guess as to which config.plist/ssdt you should be using and use the one that is correct for your hardware. It takes some possibilities out of the equation.

You probably need to provide your files and some photos as to what is going on.

Just followed this guide to successfully update my 4530S from a Legacy boot 10.8.2 to a UEFI boot 10.10 Yosemite. The system works flawless and the new OS X looks great on the 1080p screen.

Many thanks to those who supplied the information and tools to keep the Probook current.

Cheers!

Problem with Probook 4330s

Hello. First of all, I have to say thank you for all your work, guys. I really apreciate it.

I have followed your guide since 10.8 (rehabman) and 10.9 (clover guide). And everything was OK, I allways installed the OS from USB installer.

This time, with my probook 4330s (i5 2410m, HM67, HD3000 1366x768, AMD graphics disabled in BIOS like always), I can't entry in installer and language screen in the usb installer. I've followed your clover guide many times, and made 5 o 6 different USBs. I used the config.plist from your dropbox folder (HD3000 1366x768 one). I've tried too with your "mini-ssdt" (renamed, of course). I know that all I made is following properly your guide, but when I try to boot the installer, I have a white screen with spinning mouse and language doesn't appear. I've tried method 2a and 2b many times, the partitions were OK too, and I copied always your EFI folder to CLOVER partition root, as always.

I've tried too with verbose mode to check problems but everything ends in the white screen, so, I can't see log after that. Tried too without cache, deleting genericusbxhci kext, and with/without injected intel graphics. Everything ends in the white screen.

Here is my config.plist, I hope you can help me.

By the way, now im running 10.10 thanks to your updating 10.9 to 10.10 clover guide, it was perfect. But I need the clean install too.

Thank you anyway

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 127
  • EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 101
Clover Configurator.

Good morning,

After a long night i haven't successed to put wifi to my laptop in Y. Is there any way that i can take the driver from Mavericks which is working and install it in Yosemite?

Thanks

Console.app.

nevermind... I am an idiot! Lol sound is working perfectly! Im used to the sound it is making when you use volume control buttons on the keyboard - soon I realised that my iMac also doesnt make that sound! Otherwise my installation went perfect, had to a few retries to get everything working 100% as that F4 button step is really important otherwise your ProBook installer doesnt work perfectly.

Done on my ProBook 4330s i5 HD3000 1366 x 768

nevermind... I am an idiot! Lol sound is working perfectly! Im used to the sound it is making when you use volume control buttons on the keyboard - soon I realised that my iMac also doesnt make that sound! Otherwise my installation went perfect, had to a few retries to get everything working 100% as that F4 button step is really important otherwise your ProBook installer doesnt work perfectly.

System prefs>sound>sound effects.. you can enable/disable clicking when volume is adjusted, its turned off by default in Yosemite it seems.

Hod did you get the install screen with bootable clover usb? I can't get it, just a white screen with spinning mouse. My config.plist is okay? Must I use some boot args to fix it? I've tried everything (read my last post).

does your config plist has enabled pstate,cstate and dropoem?
what do you recommend?

There are various ways to configure it. If you follow the guide here, you should leave them as provided by the ProBook Installer.

Back