Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

RM, this is the output:
Code:
Oct 22 16:25:37 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local authexec[555]: executing /usr/bin/touch
Oct 22 16:25:42 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.
Oct 22 16:25:42 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Rescanning kernel extensions.
Oct 22 16:25:42 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.
Oct 22 16:25:42 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/IOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz is out of date; not using.
Oct 22 16:25:43 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple kernel[0]: Resetting IOCatalogue.
Oct 22 16:25:43 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[558]: rebuilding //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Oct 22 16:25:45 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[559]: kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JMB38X.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Oct 22 16:25:46 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[559]: kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/HSSDBlockStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Oct 22 16:25:46 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[559]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BTFirmwareUploader.kext
Oct 22 16:25:48 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[559]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67023 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA31 for kext AppleHDAIDT.kext
Oct 22 16:25:49 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[560]: / locked; waiting for lock.

Thanks!

You didn't wait long enough. As you can tell, it is still waiting to lock root (/). Eventually, it will acquire the lock and rebuild cache.

At any rate, it is working just fine.

And you can rebuild cache with just 'touch /System/Library/Extensions' anyway.

You didn't wait long enough. As you can tell, it is still waiting to lock root (/). Eventually, it will acquire the lock and rebuild cache.

I didn't wait long enough, because kext wizard said that the process was already completed (in just 1 second)...

RM, this is the complete output:
Code:
Oct 22 16:38:28 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local SecurityAgent[381]: Failed to initialize IconCache named: com.apple.iconservices with error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4097 "Impossibile comunicare con un'applicazione di supporto." (connection to service named com.apple.iconservices) UserInfo=0x7fdc416a3f60 {NSDebugDescription=connection to service named com.apple.iconservices}
Oct 22 16:38:28 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local SecurityAgent[381]: Error returned from iconservicesagent: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4097 "Impossibile comunicare con un'applicazione di supporto." (connection to service named com.apple.iconservices) UserInfo=0x7fdc415096f0 {NSDebugDescription=connection to service named com.apple.iconservices}
Oct 22 16:38:31 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local SecurityAgent[381]: Error returned from iconservicesagent: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4097 "Impossibile comunicare con un'applicazione di supporto." (connection to service named com.apple.iconservices) UserInfo=0x7fdc416bd620 {NSDebugDescription=connection to service named com.apple.iconservices}
Oct 22 16:38:32 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local authexec[383]: executing /usr/bin/touch
Oct 22 16:38:37 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.
Oct 22 16:38:37 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Rescanning kernel extensions.
Oct 22 16:38:37 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.
Oct 22 16:38:37 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/IOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz is out of date; not using.
Oct 22 16:38:38 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple kernel[0]: Resetting IOCatalogue.
Oct 22 16:38:38 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[386]: rebuilding //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Oct 22 16:38:40 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[387]: kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JMB38X.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Oct 22 16:38:42 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[387]: kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/HSSDBlockStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Oct 22 16:38:43 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[387]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BTFirmwareUploader.kext
Oct 22 16:38:44 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[388]: / locked; waiting for lock.
Oct 22 16:38:45 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[387]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67023 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA31 for kext AppleHDAIDT.kext
Oct 22 16:39:00 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[387]: Created prelinked kernel copy "/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel"
Oct 22 16:39:00 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[387]: Created prelinked kernel "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache"
Oct 22 16:39:00 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[387]: Created prelinked kernel using "/System/Library/Kernels/kernel"
Oct 22 16:39:00 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[386]: /: no supported helper partitions to update.
Oct 22 16:39:00 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[388]: Lock acquired; proceeding.
Oct 22 16:39:00 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[388]: /: no supported helper partitions to update.
Oct 22 16:40:10 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): The _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform.
Oct 22 16:40:54 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local ntpd[183]: time set +1.131733 s

RM, this is the complete output:

It worked:
Code:
Oct 22 16:39:00 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[388]: Lock acquired; proceeding.
Oct 22 16:39:00 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[388]: /: no supported helper partitions to update.

Hi,

I have 2560p hp laptop.
What do i have to choose in the hp probook installer ?

THNX !!

Thanks for this detailed guide:shifty:
Install went ok and managed to eventually get icloud to login
However getting an activation error on messages with a contact code
Will ring Apple and report back for any one having a similar issue

I just finished installing Yosemite (clean install) using the guide above. Thanks! I have a HP 4540s (7-series with Intel HD 3000). I mounted the EFI partition and Clover uses MacBookPro8,2 SMBIOS in config file. I used to have MacBookPro8,1 in Chameleon. Speedstep doesn't work for me with MacBookPro8,2 definitions, but after changing the config file and adding MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS speedstep works again, but I lose external mouse and keyboard (USB). What should I do now? Any suggestion appreciated. I read the guide and selected everything needed for 4x40.

UPDATE: I notice there is no GenericUSBXHCI kext on the EFI partition. We don't need that kext anymore?

I just finished installing Yosemite (clean install) using the guide above. Thanks! I have a HP 4540s (7-series with Intel HD 3000). I mounted the EFI partition and Clover uses MacBookPro8,2 SMBIOS in config file. I used to have MacBookPro8,1 in Chameleon. Speedstep doesn't work for me with MacBookPro8,2 definitions, but after changing the config file and adding MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS speedstep works again, but I lose external mouse and keyboard (USB). What should I do now? Any suggestion appreciated. I read the guide and selected everything needed for 4x40.

UPDATE: I notice there is no GenericUSBXHCI kext on the EFI partition. We don't need that kext anymore?

Unfortunately, You have to use MacBookPro 9,2 to get USB work.

Hi,

I have 2560p hp laptop.
What do i have to choose in the hp probook installer ?

THNX !!

I'm not sure anymore... Try 8x60p

Unfortunately, You have to use MacBookPro 9,2 to get USB work.
Thanks. I notice GenericUSBXHCI wasn't updated since October 25 2013. I suppose it doesn't work in Yosemite. I chose to generate SSDT at installation, but HWmonitor shows it always stay at x27 multiplier. (maximum frequency)

Back