Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I just want to know if my Probook 4230s w/ 12 inch display hd3000 1200x800 res is compatible with clover config list..i dont see a config list that match my model. im itching to switch to clover

Your ProBook 4230s does not have HD3000.

Your ProBook 4230s does not have HD3000.
its core i3 2310m and im sure i have HD3000..im running mavericks smoothly and i want to switch to clover...im curious if my model is supported specially the resolution on config list in clover..i saw that the lowest config is HD300 1366x768..my 4230s is 12inch with 1280x800..

Something is corrupt with your setup. Start over/Try again.

Okay I have reinstalled it yesterday - seems everything is working. Just courious: I have installed several things which probably may cause issue:
  • Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (Intel® HAXM)
  • Asus USB-N10 Nano WiFi module drivers (for 10.8) which work perfectly for Mavericks
  • Genymotion

As per http://anupcowkur.com/posts/get_haxm_working_in_osx_yosemite/ seems that there is some issues in HAXM. What do you think could that be root cause of that issue?

Thanks, for your help!

It seems that the Inject/Intel=true at post-install is ok. Just not for install (need SSDT to inject snb-platform-id and Inject/Intel=false).

Note: It is a bit strange to have Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x166003 for HD3000...

I had some difficulty with the whole F4 thing. But I use a custom EFI USB setup for installing... I use the OEM directory to have a single USB to install on multiple machines, so F4 put the files in "EFI/Clover/OEM/HP ProBook 4530s/ACPI/origin". Realizing this after running the ProBook Installer, I copied the files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin and re-ran PBI-CE. Still had an error, I think because now the EFI partition on the HDD was mounted (and there are no files there). So, I copied the files to the HDD EFI partition at EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin and then the DSDT patcher in PBI-CE worked. Seems like the PBI doesn't quite know where to go looking for the ACPI/origin files.

If possible, you might want to code in an alternative extraction technique that uses 'patchmatic -extract'. This will also help those that forget to press F4. Even I did that first time.

Other notes:

- You might want to mention the need to visit SysPrefs->Security & Privacy before running PBI-CE

- Hibernatemode was set to 0, but the large sleepimage file at /var/vm/sleepimage was still there

- I guess EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi isn't strictly necessary anymore?

- Will probably disable the VGA patch and create a patch that only fixes HDMI-audio (not a fan of the VGA patch)

- My 4530s will not boot OS X via Clover from the USB port at the front right side. The other three ports are ok. The symptom of this problem was that it would hang just after "UUID is.." line before the '+++++++'. Lesson there: if you hang before the '+++++', try a different USB port.

- My first attempt at createinstallmedia failed due to too new of a USB, or too large, or that it was a USB3 stick. It reported a corrupt install at the end of phase1. I recreated the stick on an older USB2 stick (8GB) and then the OS X installer worked fine.

- A cache rebuild is definitely required for Ethernet and audio. I just used 'sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions' and did a reboot.

RM, a question:

Kext Wizard lastest version 3.7.11 is fully compatible with Yosemite? Because I have the feeling that it don't rebuild the cache correctly..

its core i3 2310m and im sure i have HD3000..im running mavericks smoothly and i want to switch to clover...im curious if my model is supported specially the resolution on config list in clover..i saw that the lowest config is HD300 1366x768..my 4230s is 12inch with 1280x800..

OK, my bad... for some reason I thought it was a 4320s. Use 1366 config.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Okay I have reinstalled it yesterday - seems everything is working. Just courious: I have installed several things which probably may cause issue:
  • Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (Intel® HAXM)
  • Asus USB-N10 Nano WiFi module drivers (for 10.8) which work perfectly for Mavericks
  • Genymotion

As per http://anupcowkur.com/posts/get_haxm_working_in_osx_yosemite/ seems that there is some issues in HAXM. What do you think could that be root cause of that issue?

Thanks, for your help!

Get your system stable before installing third-party system software.

RM, a question:

Kext Wizard lastest version 3.7.11 is fully compatible with Yosemite? Because I have the feeling that it don't rebuild the cache correctly..

It seems to work ok for me, but I don't use it that often for that purpose.

You can rebuild cache the way Apple recommends:
Code:
# in Terminal
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

FYI: Version on my machine is 3.7.10. I haven't bothered looking for an update.

after booting yosemite installer on clover via usb im stuck on spinning wheel..hmmm..what seems to be the problem?

Back