Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

It seems to work ok for me, but I don't use it that often for that purpose.

You can rebuild cache the way Apple recommends:
Code:
# in Terminal
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

FYI: Version on my machine is 3.7.10. I haven't bothered looking for an update.

RM, can you please test the 3.7.11 version (the one in the last PBI CE version)?

Thanks

after booting yosemite installer on clover via usb im stuck on spinning wheel..hmmm..what seems to be the problem?

Make sure you're using a config.plist appropriate for your (unspecified) hardware.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

What is the issue you perceive?

Is too fast.. Is possible that it rebuild the cache in just 1 second (with kext wizard you can see what the program is doing)?

Thanks!

Is too fast.. Is possible that it rebuild the cache in just 1 second (with kext wizard you can see what the program is doing)?

Thanks!

Check system.log to see what is actually going on.

Make sure you're using a config.plist appropriate for your (unspecified) hardware.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

i have 12inch 4230s..hd3000 1280x800..you told me to use 1366 because there is no 1280 plist..tnx

i have 12inch 4230s..hd3000 1280x800..you told me to use 1366 because there is no 1280 plist..tnx

Yes. Post your config.plist. Also boot verbose to troubleshoot.

And please fill out your profile as requested. Thanks.

Yes. Post your config.plist. Also boot verbose to troubleshoot.

And please fill out your profile as requested. Thanks.

im using the hd300 1366x768 you told me..so it means that my 4230s is not compatible with the config list in the clover...anyone here succesfully intalled yosemiye clover on their hp probook 4230s?

im using the hd300 1366x768 you told me..so it means that my 4230s is not compatible with the config list in the clover...anyone here succesfully intalled yosemiye clover on their hp probook 4230s?

There are recent posts (by me) that explain how to reach the installer with HD3000. It does not appear they have made it into the guide and perhaps the config.plists have not been fixed. See post #316.

Check system.log to see what is actually going on.

RM, this is the output:
Code:
Oct 22 16:25:37 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local authexec[555]: executing /usr/bin/touch
Oct 22 16:25:42 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.
Oct 22 16:25:42 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Rescanning kernel extensions.
Oct 22 16:25:42 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.
Oct 22 16:25:42 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/IOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz is out of date; not using.
Oct 22 16:25:43 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple kernel[0]: Resetting IOCatalogue.
Oct 22 16:25:43 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[558]: rebuilding //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Oct 22 16:25:45 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[559]: kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JMB38X.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Oct 22 16:25:46 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[559]: kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/HSSDBlockStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Oct 22 16:25:46 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[559]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BTFirmwareUploader.kext
Oct 22 16:25:48 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[559]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67023 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA31 for kext AppleHDAIDT.kext
Oct 22 16:25:49 MacBook-Pro-di-Apple.local com.apple.kextcache[560]: / locked; waiting for lock.

Thanks!

Back