Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I just tested on my 4540s. First I checked 'pmset -g assertions' to be certain they were all clear. Then I closed the lid. It went to sleep. In fact, I think the delay for sleep is shorter than it was for Mavericks.

I'll use this in future to check for any assertions that could keep it alive, of course when I just tried closing the lid it worked fine.. Also noted the delay is shorter than previous OS versions.

Be aware that (left)ctrl+prtsc or (left)ctrl+fn+delete are keyboard shortcuts for toggling that mode.

Definitely useful to be aware of these! I never realised. Though I swear I never touched them but you never know lol.

Thank you for taking the time to test this on your devices and being so informative as always :)

Tried to Instal using 2b Manual method. I get to the install screen after partitioning my SSD drive. After I select the SSD to install on, it gives me an error. Any ideas why, and how to fix please.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6277.jpg
    IMG_6277.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 120
Tried to Instal using 2b Manual method. I get to the install screen after partitioning my SSD drive. After I select the SSD to install on, it gives me an error. Any ideas why, and how to fix please.
Thanks

You must have made a mistake in creating the USB. Read/follow the instructions carefully. It is tricky if you haven't done it before.

Question: I used the sticky from Rehabman "Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook" to install Mavericks on my 4730s with 1080p screen. I actually have 3 partitions, one Win 8.1 Pro and two Maverick partitions running on a 500GB SSD. Its been extremely stable and has worked very well.

How would you recommend I move to Yosemite... should I follow this guide using Clover UEFI, and would I be able to move my 2 Maverick partitions one at a time, i.e. run Yosemite on one partition for a few weeks before upgrading the other? I would also not like to remove my Win 8.1 Pro partition since its running Quicken and has all my finances on it (Quicken its the only reason I still run Windows).

It might be a dumb question since my Mavericks installation is not installed using Clover UEFI.

Thanks... time to donate again.

Question: I used the sticky from Rehabman "Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook" to install Mavericks on my 4730s with 1080p screen. I actually have 3 partitions, one Win 8.1 Pro and two Maverick partitions running on a 500GB SSD. Its been extremely stable and has worked very well.

How would you recommend I move to Yosemite... should I follow this guide using Clover UEFI, and would I be able to move my 2 Maverick partitions one at a time, i.e. run Yosemite on one partition for a few weeks before upgrading the other? I would also not like to remove my Win 8.1 Pro partition since its running Quicken and has all my finances on it (Quicken its the only reason I still run Windows).

It might be a dumb question since my Mavericks installation is not installed using Clover UEFI.

Thanks... time to donate again.

Of course, you have to migrate to Clover first. That is post #1, here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

After you do that...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/143667-update-hp-laptops-yosemite-clover-uefi.html

I have done everything using 2b way but get stuck on black screen with white apple logo booted with -v and seen a message "root device uuid is blablabla". Whats the problem and how is it solved thank you in advance.

just wanted to say thanks. I reinstalled from scratch after doing a backup, went through this guide and it worked perfectly.
Had a slight moment with the F4 key, I pressed it and it locked the keyboard for quite a while, I left it and then perssed enter, and away it went.
Now I have a laptop that sleeps perfectly, usb works, my hd screen works, I moved to Clover (so updates should be easier).
Thanks for all the effort put into this, much appreciated.

I have done everything using 2b way but get stuck on black screen with white apple logo booted with -v and seen a message "root device uuid is blablabla". Whats the problem and how is it solved thank you in advance.

No idea without a photo. We are not telepathic, but I'm 100% certain you're not actually seeing the text 'blahblabla'...

Had a slight moment with the F4 key, I pressed it and it locked the keyboard for quite a while, I left it and then perssed enter, and away it went.

It takes a while for Clover to write the ACPI files to the USB. USB flash drives are slow.

Hey,

I had Mavericks installed on my 8460p - and then wanted to do a clean update to Yosemite. I created the USB-Stick, formated the HDD and installed Yosemite successful.

Now, when i try to boot osx, it tells me, that my system is locked and i have to enter a 6 digit code.

i tried to reinstall several times. installed windows to clean ram etc. and tried again to install yosemite.
i also tried to HardReset my HP (take battery/ac out - press PowerButton for 15s) but no luck.

i always end up with that locked-page :/ what can i do?

Back