Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Yes they have been tested on a windows system and they work.

Has it been tested in the laptop you have it installed in now?

You need to verify correct hardware install before proceeding.

Has it been tested in the laptop you have it installed in now?

You need to verify correct hardware install before proceeding.

Install was done with broadcom, on my other system I did a full reinstall with card in and make no diff either. I just seem to get all the fun odd stuff. Will keep poking around and see wtf. Any ideas or anything from anyone would be great.

I also deleted and readded in sys prefs as well.

Install was done with broadcom, on my other system I did a full reinstall with card in and make no diff either. I just seem to get all the fun odd stuff. Will keep poking around and see wtf. Any ideas or anything from anyone would be great.

You still didn't answer the question.

An additional note, bluetooth is there cna turn it on and it seems to search, can not find bluetooth device (magic mouse) which is in search mode.

Bluetooth is on USB bus and has little to do with WiFi (other than they reside on the same PCB, and perhaps share antenna connections)...

Which bluetooth firmware uploader kext are you using (if any)?

Perhaps you do not have the antennas connected correctly.

Nguyenmac,

Could you please answer my question #2710?
Thanks,

Nguyenmac,

Could you please answer my question #2710?
Thanks,

Sorry, I remember replying before, but it was not posted obviously.

NguyenMac,

I just installed yosemite on an HP 4530s using your guide. I have been using the Unibeast method to do these in the past upto Mavericks.

I want to be able to get HDMI sound. I went and checked the kext patches in the clover configurator and I found a note that asked me to disable the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB which patches the VGA port in order to use HDMI.

Is this all I need to do?

Thanks for your help.

Srini

Open config.plist by CC, enable HDMI Audio patch by changing "disabled:AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB" to "AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB", then disable VGA patch by changing "AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB" to "disabled:AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB"

Go to BIOS, find option "'LAN/WLAN Switching" and disable it.

Yeah I only have Microsoft folder in disk1s1.

I disabled fast boot and renamed bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi. Restarted and now windows is right next to Yosemite. Is there a way I can change the picture of an 8 to a 7?

Go to /EFI/CLOVER/themes/Yosemite S/icons/, change os_vista.icns by windows 7 icons (os_win.icns)

You should put both laptops in your signature.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, post the config.plist you're using. And describe the physical monitor connection(s) your laptop has.

Hello RehabMan, Hello nguyenmac

thank you so much for your trouble :D

Here are the files of my Probook 650 G1 (DP/HDMI Problems)

Efi Folder, IOReg and Info File in the

Dropbox Link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/85l30wdz2chs0zc/AAC6BAHHY4kdQ73HnLN7Qrh9a?dl=0

Back